Flame Princess
Dedicated April 2021

How is your planning uniquely you?

Flame Princess, on May 16, 2020 at 12:23 AM Posted in Planning 1 10
Saved
Whenever I see the abrieviation for "bridesmaid" (bm) all I see is "bowel movement" Thus, offline, I use bridesm. in my planning notes. I also color code every single page and make an over complicated chart of some kind. (If you're familiar with always sunny, think of Charlie in the mail room) Other pages are treated like sketchbooks with 5 min sketches of my dream centerpiece or what have you.

Does anyone have a similar quirk to their planning? Is anyone here one of those crafty people who have gorgeous planners? Or maybe you have some tips on organizing your plans? What's your thought process even like

10 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on May 16, 2020 at 6:54 PM
  • Emily
    Dedicated March 2022
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I love a good old notebook. I tried a big wedding planner with all the sectioning and pockets. But found a notebook works best for me. I’m scatterbrained so just not things down when they come to me.
  • Flame Princess
    Dedicated April 2021
    Flame Princess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like that you seem to just go with the flow and treat it as an "it's there if I need it" thing!
  • Emily
    Dedicated March 2022
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Either way it gets done! I so wish I can do it all pretty and neat. I love seeing other planners.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I used google sheets a lot when planning mine. Similar to how I’m like in my full time job all I do is stare at spreadsheets all day aha
  • Natalie
    Super November 2020
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    I decided to go more functional than fancy. I have a notebook to jot notes, tentative guest list, etc. and an expandable filing pocket to store contracts, handouts, etc. They do both have cute covers and coordinate though!
  • Flame Princess
    Dedicated April 2021
    Flame Princess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My FH uses Excel for everything!! There's something relaxing about it; I totally get it!
  • Flame Princess
    Dedicated April 2021
    Flame Princess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is so much easier than a whole filing cabinet tbh!
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I hate the abbreviations! BM, STD... so I usually spell everything out.
    We made a wedding email address and we've been keeping our guest list and contracts and stuff in Google drive, so for most part, when I have random thoughts, I just put them into a Google doc. That way I can get whatever it is out of my head even if my notebook isn't close by.
    I made a draft seating chart but there were some people whose names (plus ones) or titles (Mr./Mrs. vs Dr.) I didn't know, so I made their names an obnoxious color so I wouldn't forget to confirm them later. For my (3!) pregnant guests I put each of their expected babies on the list as The Newest [Lastname] until they were born and named.
  • Flame Princess
    Dedicated April 2021
    Flame Princess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the baby idea since I am running into that myself! Same with the titles! Also, why can't we just call them dates? It sounds bad when people say "I'm handing out STDs!!!'
  • Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I agree!! I don't like those abbreviations for that reason. Since i work in healthcare I am always thinking about what those abbreviations actually mean LOL

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics