Samantha
Savvy November 2020

How did you choose what accessories to wear?

Samantha, on September 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved
How did you choose what headpiece, veil, and jewelry to wear? Like how do you know what type of head piece to pick without physically having your dress on? I don't want to purchase these from a bridal store because the veil that was put onHow did you choose what accessories to wear? 1
How did you choose what accessories to wear? 2
How did you choose what accessories to wear? 3
me the day I said yes to the dress is over $600 and being that it is a cathedral length veil, I won't be wearing it all night so I cannot fathom paying that amount for about an hour and a half wear time.
Also, financially this year has been so hard so I don't have my wedding ring yet. Any recommendations for where I can get cubic zirconia rings for the time being? I am looking at possibly doing a stackable type look. Pictures of rings inspiration pictures attached.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on September 22, 2020 at 6:14 PM
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    I keep looking back at my dress to help decide on the headpiece and veil. You can always go to the bridal shop to try different accessories with your dress if you want to get an idea. I know from the veils I tried at the shop that I want a fingertip veil and then I’m looking for a headpiece that will compliment (not match) my dress.
    You want your accessories to compliment the look, not have everything match exactly so as long as you have pictures of your dress you should be able to decide on accessories. Good luck!
  • Ali
    Expert March 2021
    Ali ·
    • Flag
    My veil was 150 but I got it for free because I met the vendor at a local bridal show. I wanted a lace veil but my dress has so much lace we just accented the small crystals on my dress straps so it wasn't just lace everything. Honestly Etsy has been my go to place since before I got engaged. I got my engagement ring and wedding jewelry off the site. I will be getting my wedding ring from them too. Try them out. They have so many affordable options. My engagement ring and my wedding band together will be around 700. So not too bad. My earrings I bought were 30 buck but are AMAZING.
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ahh compliment the dress. I am so glad you said that. Thank you so much!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think I kind of just kept browsing until I found one I just knew aha
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha hopefully that can work for me. I need to start shopping. Lol
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I bought a sterling silver cubic zirconia ring set on Etsy in the same general shape/cut as my actual set, and was very pleased with the quality (the company was Pescara Jewelry). I initially got it to use for international travel, but I've actually been using it more frequently during Covid given my constant hand sanitizer use, since I don't want all the chemicals to harm my actual rings. I think the set cost about $90. If you look super close up, you can tell that it's not a real diamond, but it looks pretty real otherwise. I would check them out!

• Alma
    Expert October 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    Check out themodgents.com
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    I decided against a hair piece for my hair. My dress is very extra, as well as the earrings I chose. So I decided to not spend the extra money (especially since money is tight). I bought most of my accessories before I received my dress. When I went to pick it up, the shoes and the earrings matched great. I also decided to get a plain veil from jjshouse ($30 dollars with shipping). It's cathedral length. I read online that for my wedding dress, I can go extra with a cathedral veil or have a veil with an edge design similar to my dress. The veil from the bridal shop is nearly $200 and fingertip length. I also got my jewelry from Kay jewelers (an enhancer). I checked multiple websites and retailers to make my final decision, I think that would he the best option for you.
  • Erin
    Expert May 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    I chose my circlet to match my evenstar pendant from lord of the rings

How did you choose what accessories to wear? 4

• Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that's awesome! I was thinking of Etsy but wasn't sure. Thank you for the seller name too!
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitely will, thank you SO much!
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That looks awesome and so unique! Love it! Thanks girl!
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    So today I went for my dress alterations to an amazing and talented tailor and she is located inside the "Fancy Frock" , which is a small but beautiful bridal store, and I am excited to say that I found both my headpiece and veil and it was totally affordable! I guess going to a bridal store with great owners makes all the difference. They are affordable and genuine and I am SO grateful to finally find a bridal store that I can recommend! Now all I have to do is look for a necklace, earrings, and my wedding band. Thank you ladies for all of your amazing help!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s great! I’m glad you were able to find something in person
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, me too!