Jasmine
VIP August 2020

Hotel Block

Jasmine, on July 6, 2019 at 7:49 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 16
Saved Save

So I'm having a daytime wedding on a Sunday with our event ending at 4pm. It's probably a silly question but as far as the hotel block would go, would you block Saturday and Sunday or Saturday - Monday?

I would think people would want to get back to work on Monday but I'm also not so sure about people traveling back (driving) if they're too tired so I would want to give them that extra day to be fully rested and alert.

If you were the one blocking, which block would you do? If you were the guest, would you still leave Sunday after the wedding or would you stay until Monday morning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

16 Comments

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    Is it possible to have your block cover both nights?
    I know most hotels have that 11am checkout time so it might cause a situation with guests if they have to pack up their stuff before the wedding.
  • Cyndy
    VIP May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    I would block Saturday and Sunday nights for now and you should be able to drop whatever you don’t use at a certain time. Ask the hotel what they recommend but they give you a time frame at no charge us usually. I would reach out to a few guests for their thoughts
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    The sales manager should usually accommodate an extra day for people interested. For instance, I have a Saturday evening wedding, and I did the block for just Saturday night. However, the sales manager just adjusted the booking for those interested in adding Friday so they got the same rate discount.
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

Most hotels will probably already give you Saturday and Sunday.

• Jameelah
    Dedicated April 2020
    Jameelah ·
    I’ve done a hotel block for a family reunion and asked if some guests wanted to stay until Monday if they could get the same rate and the hotel honored it.
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2019
    Danielle ·
    I blocked Friday and Saturday for my Saturday evening wedding. I had some guests booked from Thursday-Sunday and some booked Friday-Monday, and the hotel honored the rate for all the nights for those guests.
  • Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I'm looking up blocks for both nights just in case.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's one thing I was worried about was whether or not it could be changed later on. I'll definitely talk to them about that then. Thanks!

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow. I didn't know that. So since mine is Sunday morning, I should look into just doing it for Saturday night and talk to them about if they would accommodate Sunday night for those interested?

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Because of the time of my wedding on Sunday?

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh that's nice! I'll definitely have to talk to them about that then.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Well alright then. It seems like everyone's had a positive experience with getting an extra day or so with the hotel honoring the rate. Thanks!

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Not nessecarily- most hotels assume guests will need at least 2 days for travel. But of course your guest don't need to book hotels if they don't have to- some o fours only staying the night.

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

For our Saturday wedding, we blocked Thursday & Friday & Saturday night. If it's free, I'd block a few rooms to Monday just as an option for guests! I would for sure include the night of the wedding.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh ok. Guess that makes sense. Most of our guests will be out of towners. Even those that aren't, it's still a few hours trip so we'll see.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Ok, I'll see about the extra day just in case. I'll definitely include the night of. That was already the plan

Comment on this discussion