We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Teresa
Dedicated May 2021

Honoring loved ones

Teresa, on February 6, 2020 at 9:23 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 6
Saved Save
Hello ladies,
Oue wedding is May 15, 2021. I lost my mom in May 2015 and recently my dad un July 2018. My brother is dancing with my for the father daughter dance and I'm trying to find someone that can put a video together of pictures of my dad to show during our dance. During our ceremony every other isle with have a 8 x 10 photo hanging of my parents and ninos (god parents) and at the front an empty seat with a single rose. For those of you who lost a loved one, how are you honoring your loved ones?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Teresa, on February 9, 2020 at 9:47 AM
  • Teresa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    Honoring loved ones 1
    This an example of one of my ideas
  • Katie
    Devoted March 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag

We did something similar, which initially began as honoring our grandparents by having a table in the reception area (which guests would pass as they walked into the ceremony) that had photos of all of our grandparents from their wedding days! We did expand this to also include photos from our parents weddings - who are very much alive - and it added to the special feel you could see at the table with generations of weddings on our wedding day

• Amanduh
    Dedicated January 2019
    Amanduh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is so beautiful.

• Megan
    Expert October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a reserved seat at the ceremony. It will have a little sign that says “we know you’d be here today if heaven wasn’t so far away” and a small all white bouquet.
  • Teresa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    These are all wonderful ideas. I love adding wedding photos. Unfortunately my parents eloped lol.
  • Teresa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    Honoring loved ones 2
    This will also be a part of my bouquet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles