We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelly
Just Said Yes February 2020

Honeymooning in Philadelphia!

Kelly, on February 23, 2020 at 10:53 AM Posted in Honeymoon 1 7
Saved Save
We are definitely looking to Honeymoon in Philly early November 2020. Any suggestions on hotel stays? Food? (I know we will be trying Pat's and Geno's) just would like a romantic feel during our stay, restaurants, points of interest, etc. Hubby has never been but I've gone multiple times when younger.. never in my adult life though.
Point me in the right direction! Thanks 馃グ

7 Comments

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy
    • Flag
    Del Frisco and Butcher & Singer are my favorite high end/ romantic restaurants in Philly. My husband is from that area so that鈥檚 where we go on special occasions. Go to the Reading Terminal as well. And of course do all the touristy Philly things.
  • Tara
    Savvy June 2021
    Tara
    • Flag
    I went to Philly for a weekend trip with the FH a few years ago. We went to Ocean Prime (seafood/steak) for dinner one evening, it was amazing. The service and food were wonderful. Definitely check out the art museum (I did the whole Rocky run up the stairs, lol) and the Eastern State Penitentiary (very interesting). Reading Terminal is pretty cool, there are a lot of different food stands. We also checked out the Liberty Bell. I think we stayed in a Holiday Inn that was near the hospital and City Hall. It wasn鈥檛 anything fancy but it was clean and centrally located.
  • Sarah
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sarah
    • Flag
    My fianc茅 is from philadelphia and we are getting married there this year. We will be staying at the hotel Monaco. We have stayed there once before, it鈥檚 pricey but I definitely recommend. It鈥檚 in center city and walking distance to a lot of the tourist things and restaurants. An area called fishtown has a lot of cool places to eat and bars to go to.
  • Futuremrsm
    Expert October 2020
    Futuremrsm
    • Flag
    Green eggs cafe is great for breakfast Smiley smile also pats and geno's dont really have authentic philly cheesesteaks. They're more of tourist places that no philly natives go to. I would try to pop into like a small corner deli and get a cheesesteak there. the smaller family places make the best cheesesteaks
  • Tara
    Savvy June 2021
    Tara
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I couldn鈥檛 agree more! Green Eggs has THE best breakfast! Pat鈥檚 and Geno鈥檚 are so overrated - we didn鈥檛 even bother to stop there for a cheesesteak when we went.
  • Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate
    • Flag

I am from right outside of Philly. Pat's and Geno's are cool for an experience (the lights & South Philly streets) but the steaks are gross. If you want a good steak in a "touristy" area, I would consider Jim's Steaks on South Street for a wiz wit and then venture across the street for cheese fries at Ishkabbbibles. Walk by the river front at Penn's Landing, maybe the river rink will be open for ice staking when you're there. The rink is definitely something to check out, it's really well done. Reading Terminal Market & Chinatown are fun to check out as well. Some restaurants we enjoy are Butcher & Singer, McCormick & Schmick's and Craftsman Row Saloon. Walk around City Hall and take an Uber to The Art Museum or the Franklin Institute. The Franklin Institute sometimes has "after dark" events that can be fun. Check to see when Macy's begins their Christmas Light Show, or if Jack's Pumpkin Glow in Fairmount Park is still around from Halloween. South Bowl is fun if you're looking for something different. Get a massage or stay at the Loews Hotel, it's super high end and very luxurious for a Honeymoon. If you have other questions, message me! Otherwise, enjoy!!!

• Serena
    Devoted October 2020
    Serena
    • Flag
    If Philly Zoo has there Christmas light display going on at that time, it's def worth checking out. FH took me on a date there this past Nov and it was surprisingly romantic. We live in the suburbs. If you venture out to King of Prussia, there's an amazing brazilian steakhouse called Fogo De Chao. Classy and romantic as well. Also William Penn Inn in Gwynedd (near bluebell, not far), is amazing, pricey though. Fine dining. Beautifully decorated with lights, and a harp. Perfect date night

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles