We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Aliea
Savvy September 2021

Honeymoon

Aliea, on September 15, 2020 at 4:14 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 22
Saved Save
Although I am not getting married until next September the idea of going anywhere with covid scares me any ideas on where to go to have fun and enjoy my new husband?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Margaret, on September 25, 2020 at 7:04 AM
  • Shirley
    Expert November 2020
    Shirley ·
    • Flag

There are lots of fun things you can still do without seeing many or any other people! Nature is your best friend here--hiking, bike ride, certain beaches and state parks, picnicking. Inside activities are fun too--romantic movie nights, ordering date night boxes or other activities to do together, baking or cooking together, decorating cookies. FH and I went on a scenic drive and had a wonderful time. I hope these help you enjoy!

• Emma
    Super October 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    A cabin in the mountains!
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ohhhhh now that sounds really nice
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    He wants to travel, just dont know where.
  • Emma
    Super October 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what we’re doing this October! A full week in Gatlinburg in a very secluded cabin with a hot tub!
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    I think if you wait till the new year there will be some guidelines that will help you decide where to go.

We resumed traveling in May and quite honestly I feel more safe now than prior to. Every place we have seen are taking extras Covid precautions.
    In fact we’re getting married next month and we are not worried in the least.
  • Liz
    Dedicated August 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    We decided to go to Yellowstone for our Honeymoon next year.
  • Brittany
    Dedicated January 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Where are you geographically located? If you want to keep it driving distance, say how far you're willing to road trip and we could give more tailored recommendations. I will say I flew in July and plan to again in November for Thanksgiving and in January for our wedding (it's local for our family, travel for us). The airlines are super serious about the mask requirements and have really upped their cleaning game, I felt safe. Airlines that used to have hefty change fees no longer have them. As far as where to stay, if you want to be around less people AirBnb should be your speed. But I did just stay in a normal hotel over Labor Day weekend and they're taking plenty of precautions as well, even as far as replacing continental breakfast buffets with pre packaged meals you pick up from the front desk. I really hope things will be much better for you by NEXT September! And if in doubt, get travel insurance or book on a credit card that has insurance/will take your side if you dispute a claim.
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

We drove to stay in the mountains in Asheville, NC. I would look at what is driving distance from you and has outdoor activities available - beach, mountains etc.

• Annika
    Expert November 2020
    Annika ·
    • Flag

National parks are open in a lot of places and that's something you can do social distancing wise, my FH and I are staying at a fancy hotel in our local area and seeing some local sights that we haven't seen yet!

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    We went to Tulum, Mexico! It was the most amazing and romantic time. They have beautiful small boutique resorts that make you feel like it’s just the two of you. We stayed at Mi Amor. September is also their “slow season” so prices are cheaper too. We actually just got back Sunday too!

Mexico was the honeymoon we would have never chose but Covid changed our plans.
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm thinking about Mexico, I know some part are very beautiful.
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s more beautiful than we thought it would be. It was incredible. We actually just booked another trip to go back in 2 months - we loved Tulum that much!
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are looking to leave town, I see enough of my city lol
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks, we may end up flying somewhere.
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A lot of people are saying it might not be as bad but we never know so just want to plan ahead.
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Was it like a resort type of place?
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s more of a eco friendly boutique resort area. There are a ton of small hotels/resorts that only have 20 rooms or less. So it’s a lot more romantic and private. You won’t find a lot of large all inclusive resorts in Tulum- but if that’s what you’re looking for Rivera Maya and Cancun have a ton of them.

The downtown of Tulum is inexpensive and more local. The beach strip is extremely ritzy with some of the best restaurants ever. We really enjoyed both sides of Tulum.
  • Aliea
    Savvy September 2021
    Aliea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much definitely gonna look into this. It sounds so nice

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles