Lauren
Dedicated April 2020

Honeymoon

Lauren, on August 19, 2019 at 1:39 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 21
Saved Save

Hello!!

So we had originally decided on Hawaii for 10 days for our Honeymoon, but quickly realized how expensive it was going to be even with having our lodging gifted to us.

We are currently considering Mediterranean cruises and am curious if anyone has done one with Royal Caribbean (I usually use Princess) and if so how it was! We will be going in April, so it shouldn't be overly crowded or hot just yet.

Also, out of curiosity, how much are you spending on your honeymoon? I am trying to set a realistic expectation for us.

Thank you!

21 Comments

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

We spent 7 nights in Hawaii (Maui & Oahu) and spent/budgeted between $7-8k. I think you could find a cruise or cheaper vacation in Mexico for closer to 3-4!

• Brianna
    Super October 2019
    Brianna ·

We are cruising to the Bahamas on Royal Carribbean in October, so I can't tell you how it was just yet, but the booking process and everything has been great! We booked through cruisesonly, we were able to make payments over time, and we got a 5 day, 4 night cruise with a "spacious balcony" room for $1,145!

• Virginia
    Devoted April 2020
    Virginia ·

We also had originally planned to go to Hawaii. It was way too expensive!! We are doing a 7 day cruise instead. Leaving from Puerto Rico and stopping in 5 ports. We are also travelling in April.

• Annemarie
    Devoted October 2019
    Annemarie ·
    View Quoted Comment

We just booked a 7 night trip to Waikiki beach, including flights, for under $3000. Staying at the Hilton on the beach too. We booked through Orbitz.

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's awesome! Yeah we didn't plan a budget trip, I was just saying what we spent on our trip. That included rental car, several excursions, flights, all food & drinks, souvenirs, tips, gas, etc. We stayed in two nicer hotels in Oahu too.

• Annemarie
    Devoted October 2019
    Annemarie ·
    View Quoted Comment

OH with all that included, I'm sure we will be at about the same!

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yep! We budgeted for literally everything and came about $200 under budget haha!

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow! That is exactly where we were planning to go except a bit longer.

We have found some great options in Europe for less than $5k.

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

I have done a similar cruise with them in the Caribbean, just not in Europe or for my honeymoon.

They are running some great deals currently.

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds like so much fun!

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

I will definitely have to check that out and see if we could find something similar.

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's awesome that you came out under budget!

I started adding everything up ( I am budgeting for every little thing) and realized how much it was going to be. So now we are looking at other options, don't know that I can justify spending that much.

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah it's great to plan for EVERYTHING then you don't spend the entire trip like "well what would dinner cost here" and "we can't buy so and so a favor here" and all that. We did a lot of luxury purchases though so I'm sure we could have done it for closer to 5k instead if we didn't do a lot of those.

• Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren Online ·

We're going to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos for 7 nights/8 days. My FILs are paying for our condo since my parents are paying for most of the wedding (it was $1,200). I got our flights for a total of $75 due to having a ton of credit card reward miles (they would've been close to $700 total). After food and excursions, we'll probably spend around $1,500-$2,000. We looked at doing a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean, and it was only around $1,200 excluding excursions!

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

Exactly, we want to enjoy our honeymoon without thinking/stressing about money.

• Lauren
    Dedicated April 2020
    Lauren ·
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds terrific and like so much fun!!

I am definitely going to use my credit card rewards when we book our flights also.

• K
    Expert February 2020
    Kristina ·

2 nights in Puerto Rico, then 8 day cruise to Eastern Caribbean, We're looking at $6-7K. This is with Royal Caribbean and also with flight and hotel in Puerto Rico. We will be traveling in March.

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    We're at about 6.5k for 11 days in the Philippines. Flights were almost a third of that.
  • Krysta
    Devoted September 2019
    Krysta ·

We are spending 5 nights in Cancun at an All-Inclusive Resort. For Flight & Hotel its gonna be $2500 for both of us. We booked through a local travel agent to take all the stress off of us.

• Kayla
    Dedicated November 2020
    Kayla ·

I went on a Mediterranean cruise about 10 years ago with my grandparents for their 40th anniversary and the whole family had a blast. I think we were on the Norwegian cruise line for that one, so I don't know what the Royal Caribbean one would be like. But we went on a Royal Caribbean Southern Caribbean cruise last summer and had so much fun we booked them for an other 11 night Southern Caribbean Holiday cruise (almost all different stops) for our honeymoon next winter. For the 11 night trip, the cruise itself was about $6k for the two of us. But prices are a little higher due to the fact that it is over Christmas and New Years.

Comment on this discussion