We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Erica
Just Said Yes April 2021

Honeymoon: to postpone or not to postpone

Erica, on July 29, 2020 at 7:39 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Saved Save
My fiance and I cannot agree on when and where to go for our honeymoon. Now with COVID travel restrictions we may not be able to have a honeymoon at all. I am worried that if we don't go right after the wedding we will just keep putting it off. I am also worried that we will have to "settle" to a mediocre honeymoon due to the restrictions. SOS!! Looking for any and all advice on planning and making it a vacations we will both love. Our date is April 17, 2021

7 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on July 29, 2020 at 3:46 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

My wedding is in March and my fiance and I have decided not to put any money down on a honeymoon until we are sure that we can travel. We definitely want to go out of the country, but right now with certain Caribbean places not allowing anyone from the US to enter, we don't want to "waste" money. We have decided to wait a little closer until we decide for sure. Do you have any idea where you would like to go?

• Erica
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I want somewhere warm for sure and an ocean but he doesn't want tropical or a place where all he can do is "lay on the beach". We have crossed off Europe only because we won't have enough time to make it worth the trip.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Have you considered a cruise? That way you could visit multiple places and there are many different things that could be done on the ship. I know right now it isn't ideal to be on a cruise ship but maybe it will be better by next year!

• Mandee
    Devoted September 2020
    Mandee ·
    • Flag

We're 9/26/20 and our cruise was canceled. We're going to rent a condo for a week at our local beach for now, and take a "real honeymoon" cruise on our first anniversary

• Futuremrsn
    Devoted October 2020
    Futuremrsn ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is in October of this year and we decided a while ago to postpone our honeymoon. Instead, right after marriage we are going to look for a house. Hopefully by next year we can travel, before we start trying to have a baby! Though I’d love to go to Ireland!
  • Erica
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We thought about Ireland but thought it would be too chilly in April still.
  • Rebecca
    Dedicated July 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We postponed our 9/6 wedding. We had planned to go to Italy for honeymoon, but held off on buying tickets. So glad we did. I would suggest setting aside the money and re-evaluating closer to your date. That way you don't waste money on plane tickets (or get vouchers with an airline you might not use in the future) and other expenses. Of course, some need to plan vacations further in advance due to time off and such so take my advice with a grain of salt if you're in a situation like that. We decided to do a short, week long trip in the mountains (we live in CO) since we've only lived here for a year and a half and there's so much to explore. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles