Heather
Beginner April 2021

Honeymoon regrets

Heather, on July 1, 2020 at 1:24 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
Saved

So I'm having regrets about where we are planning to go for our honeymoon, now I don't want to go where we planned but we are almost half way payed off. Advice???????

10 Comments

Latest activity by Judith, on July 2, 2020 at 11:27 PM
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Why the change? What has put you off?
  • Heather
    Beginner April 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We're going to Pigeon Forge and I just feel like we go to the mountains often and I'd rather go on a cruise or somewhere else

• Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you're going to lose money, I would stick with the vacation you have planned. You can always do something different for an anniversary trip!
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's understandable. Though I will point out that cruises are probably not going to be up and running for awhile. Is any of your deposit refundable? Could you shorten the trip or postpone it to another time? If so you might use this time to go somewhere else and have a mountain get away at a later date.
  • Heather
    Beginner April 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm not sure I would really have to call and ask about that

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I agree i would stick to it and then maybe for a one year or significant year anniversary you can go somewhere else that you wanted

• Samantha
    Expert October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Give it a try, worst they can say is 'no'. If it really brothers you, see if anyone wants to buy the trip from you.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I would call and see if you can get your money back and go from there. Have you already planned out things to do ect? It might be more stressful to start over with the honeymoon planning process.
  • S
    Savvy July 2021
    Susie ·
    • Flag

The mountains idea sounds great. Just go for it and then save up for the next trip.

Susie x

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Did you postpone your wedding , or was 2021 always your date? I would think there would be flexibility on their part, this far out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics