We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Chantelle
Dedicated October 2021

Honeymoon Location

Chantelle, on June 23, 2020 at 9:34 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 4
Saved Save
Honeymoon Location 1
Does anyone have suggestions on a honeymoon spot in this area of the world? Our priorities are staying at a beachfront resort (all inclusive), but still having other things to see and do nearby. We really like adventurous outdoors things, wildlife, and seeing historical sites.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on June 24, 2020 at 12:12 PM
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    To be honest, anywhere on that map will check all your boxes. When are you planning to go? If it is going to be during hurricane season, I would opt for Aruba or Curacao because they are outside the hurricane zone. Cost is also a factor. Mexico, DR, and Jamaica will be cheaper than some of the other places shown. As far as some resort chains to look at: Excellence and Secrets are great. People rave about Sandals, but I haven't been to one so I can't speak to them. Tons of others on here can though.
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    Ill say go to Puerto Rico...you can get all of that for a nice location beach and price. And its not too far
  • Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena ·
    • Flag

I agree with Hannah, some of these islands are more expensive than others so it depends on your budget. Aruba, British Virgin Islands, St. Lucia, Grenada, Cayman Islands are a lot more expensive than Dominican Republic or Jamaica. (I'm not sure about Puerto Rico though, haven't been there yet.) All the islands are amazing but if you want a better deal for your buck I would say Jamaica or DR.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

We split our honeymoon between St. Lucia and Barbados and loved both places!! Barbados had better beaches and lots of easily accessible restaurants. St. Lucia has lots more outdoor and adventurous activities (hiking, zip-lining, ATVs, mud springs, etc) and feels really remote!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles