Skip to main content
Becki
Beginner March 2020

Honeymoon Length & Asking Your Boss

Becki, on October 23, 2019 at 2:03 PM

Posted in Honeymoon 23

Hello wedding people! My FH and I have our hearts set on a specific cruise that's an unreal price for the length (19 days!). However, I'm having some extreme anxiety about talking to my boss. I guess my overall question is...how long was your honeymoon? And, how did you bring it up to your boss that...

Hello wedding people! My FH and I have our hearts set on a specific cruise that's an unreal price for the length (19 days!). However, I'm having some extreme anxiety about talking to my boss. I guess my overall question is...how long was your honeymoon? And, how did you bring it up to your boss that you wanted to take off 1, 2, or even 3 weeks off???

23 Comments

• Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Our honeymoon is 21 days. My fiancé actually started a new job recently and had to tell them about it after being hired. They had no problem with it. It can vary with jobs though. Do you have pto? Do you have a certain amount of days you can take off per year?
  • Jordí
    Beginner February 2020
    Jordí ·
    • Flag

We are either thinking about a week after the wedding or for two weeks in the summer. We both love our jobs and have flexible time off due to the type of work we do so we don't mind planning it around our already time given off. This also helped with my stress because I didn't have to worry about requesting a significant amount of days off.

• Brandi
    Devoted July 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    I think it depends on the type of organization and work. I can easily take that many days off because I am a director of a non-profit. My work doesn’t require my immediate attention 24/7. My company won’t fall or fail or suffer if I’m absent. I also have that type of time to leave. Therefore, if you’re working with the same situation, there shouldn’t be a problem. As always, you just have to have that discussion earlier than later and have it in writing too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics