C
Dedicated September 2021

Honeymoon Fund Details, Success Stories?

Conny, on January 15, 2020 at 3:52 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Saved
Hello!
I’m considering starting our honeymoon fund and have read a few posts but I’m seeking more clarity/ personal examples. I’m worried about the fees all these companies charge. Has anyone had any success on basically mentioning somewhere your invitation or wedding website that you have a honeymoon fund?

I’m giving my guests two options : a honeymoon fund and then a registry. How can I word this in a way that doesn’t seem tacky? I want to give guests both options (even though we don’t need stuff, I know how off putting it can be to only have a honeymoon fund request) Thanks so much!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Conny, on January 17, 2020 at 12:20 PM
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    We had a honeyfund using travelers joy. We listed it on our website in addition to our regular registry.

We registered for specific honeymoon items (ie swimming with dolphins, day trip to Atlantis, romantic dinner, poolside cabana, etc) so people could feel like they were actually buying us an experience rather than just contributing to a fund. Many people said they preferred to buy us an experience than a kitchen item lol. We got about $1500 from the honeyfund. We also sent the people who contributed photos of us doing the activity that they sponsored, thanking them again for it. If people didn’t like it they don’t have to contribute.
  • C
    Dedicated September 2021
    Conny ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is helpful. So essentially I have to use some kind of honeymoon website. Which one did you use? The Knot? Or is travelers joy one we can list on our wedding website in lieu of whatever option they default to? Thanks again SO helpful 🥰
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We used travelers joy, and listed it on our site on the knot. The knot’s honeyfund would only let us do a generic fund for the honeymoon while travelers joy let us break it down into more specific activities and such, which I preferred
  • C
    Dedicated September 2021
    Conny ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you ❣️
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Another option is just to say nothing and most wedding guests will gift you cash without paying any fees to a honeyfund/middle man, and you don't risk offending those that find asking for cash in any way inappropriate. Daughter and SIL received very generous cash gifts -- to spend any way they wanted -- without saying a word. It's an option.

• Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We used the Knot's gift registry, which includes a honeymoon fund, and they charged *us* nothing. (I think they asked those giving to donate a little, but it wasn't mandatory.)

Highly recommend - many of our guests chose that option, as they wanted to give us experiences, not things.

• C
    Dedicated September 2021
    Conny ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Rebecca ! I’m also using the knot but haven’t looked to see if they charge. Good to know they don’t and I can add experiences very important!!
  • C
    Dedicated September 2021
    Conny ·
    • Flag
    They do charge a 2.5% fee to the guest making the contribution! So I think I’ll use a different company but thanks so much for the input!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics