Litria
Just Said Yes May 2021

Hiring Florist

Litria, on September 16, 2019 at 4:10 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save
How far in advance do you hire your florist ?! My wedding is in May of 2021 and two florists already advised me that they are booked.

16 Comments

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

This is tough and I think it depends on the florist. One told me that I couldn't book with her until 6 months out/she couldn't quote me until then because the prices of flowers are always changing. Another gave me a quote over a year out. That is crazy that they are already booked for your date, but I'd keep looking around and asking for quotes and availability. You already know people are booking that far in advance so I'd try to find someone and snatch them up if you have the budget to do that now.

• Litria
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Litria ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the response & exactly my thinking . My wedding is well over a year away so I thought I had time .
  • P
    Dedicated April 2020
    Paris ·
    I’m getting married April 2020 and booked my florist in May. She was a reasonable priced , nice and helpful and only required a small deposit.
  • Litria
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Litria ·
    View Quoted Comment
    If you don’t mind me asking - who did you book ? I see you live in my area!
  • Allaura
    Devoted April 2021
    Allaura ·
    I’m looking to book a florist now for my April 2021 wedding
  • Alyssa
    Devoted June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    This is very location specific. I’m in Florida and my date is June of next year and we just got engaged last month. I won’t worry about flowers until Christmas because June is not wedding season here. Over 18 months out being booked is insane.
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    I booked 14 months out. Many companies told me they wouldn’t book more than a year out. But it is very possible that they are already booked. A lot of girls on WW forums I’ve noticed are planning for 2021 weddings. TBH sometimes ppl say they’re already booked if they don’t want to book your date. I wouldn’t waste anymore time on those florists and just keep searching!
  • Litria
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Litria ·
    Thank you all for your response!
  • Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    Booking mine now- wedding is September 19, 2020.
  • P
    Dedicated April 2020
    Paris ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I booked Lush Fleuriste in Bloomfield. The owner Sheena is really nice will definitely work with your budget.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2020
    Amanda ·

We booked our florist in March of 2019 for our June 2020 wedding. I'll repeat what other Brides are saying, it all depends on your florist and popularity in your area. I was getting more no's from florists than we did venues oddly enough.

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·

Knowing your wedding season in the area you are getting married helps for this. I had to book my venue and photographer over a year in advance because they fill up very quick and all my other vendors came at the 9 month mark and I got turned down a lot as is because a lot were book through 2020 already (I started planning in 2018 for my 2019 wedding).

• Kayla
    Devoted November 2020
    Kayla ·

I just dropped my deposit in the mail for mine this morning for a Nov. 07, 2020 wedding. We got quotes all over the place and ended up going with the cheapest one so that way if the price does go up we will still be within budget.

• Kristal
    Devoted February 2020
    Kristal ·

My florist was booked almost a year out. I might recommend a local flower shop if you are having trouble finding one that specializes in wedding. They will usually still be willing to deliver and often less expensive.

• Alexandra
    Savvy March 2021
    Alexandra ·
    My wedding is March 2021 and I did reach out to florists who did say they were getting booked for that month and year already, but then another florist I talked told me to reach back out after the New Year. It’s all depends on how they work.
  • Prynne
    Devoted October 2020
    Prynne ·

Had a similar experience! I reached out to florists last year, and got a variety of responses:

- One said she was not available on my date, because of her son's birthday; she never does weddings on the weekend around his birthday. She gave me some recommendations for other florists.

- Another told me I was reaching out way too early, and wouldn't even give me ballpark pricing. Bummer, since they came recommended by a friend.

- Others gave me pricing, but wouldn't book anything that early.

Because of that experience, I waited until late last month to start reaching out again. Both florists I contacted this time were exceedingly more receptive and put together beautiful proposals, and I ended up signing a contract with one this week!

Comment on this discussion