Sharon
Savvy October 2020

Hem length

Sharon, on September 6, 2020 at 7:34 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved
Finally got my 2nd dress fitting, but I think the hem is too short. Well it makes me look short. What do u think? Is it the shoes, the hem, or do I get a slip/petticoat to "poof it"Hem length 1

Hem length 2

12 Comments

Latest activity by Sharon, on September 8, 2020 at 7:44 AM
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I do not think much can be done to the hem if she already did it. I would not have noticed had you not said anything so I doubt anyone else will. I will ask, do you want your shoes covered?? If so then as her for longer. The dress is beautiful either way and looks great on you.

• Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    The hem is typically this short. If/when you walk in grass the hem will be flush with the ground. I would like to see a little more flare but a slip or petticoat would shorten it even more.
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    It look great the way it is. You might trip if it's longer.
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it looks bad. A petticoat would give it a little more volume. It might make your shoes less visible because they'd be farther back from the hem, but it would raise the bottom of the dress slightly, effectively making it a little bit shorter.

I thought the my dress was too short when I went to pick it up (the seamstress was super afraid of covid so another fitting wasn't an option) but it ended up being the perfect length at the actual wedding, so you probably don't need to worry about it too much.
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    A petticoat would probably make it look even shorter IMO
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Think it looks pretty good! My dress was too long and I pretty much tripped aha
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    It looks a tad short but only because you mentioned it but I’m sure it won’t be noticeable
  • Sharon
    Savvy October 2020
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Its a detached scalloped hem, dhe can position it lower i guess

• W
    Devoted October 2020
    Waitingtomarry20 ·
    • Flag
    I can see it’s a tad short, but not noticeable. Mine is a tad long and I had to add a puff skirt. I wanted it a little slimmer, so I didn’t mess with the hem. So I’m taking it for what it is.
    It just depends on your tailor, if she can do it for you. In the end you have to be happy with it.
  • Illyana
    Beginner September 2021
    Illyana ·
    • Flag
    The hem is perfect!! You look amazing!!
  • Sharon
    Savvy October 2020
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you everyone for your help
  • Sharon