Vannesa
Expert October 2021

Help!

Vannesa, on February 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 8
Saved

I am 6 weeks pregnant. Just found out! As we are very happy and excited. I am in FH brothers wedding as a bridesmaid so she will be FSIL. But I will be 8 months pregnant. Yes they knew we have been trying for almost 3 years now and actually miscarried last month and got pregnant again. How would you tell someone you may be a giant whale in their wedding. Oh and I don't think the dress that I already have for the wedding is maternity friendly since we are all wearing the same dress.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vannesa, on February 22, 2020 at 10:05 AM
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn't say anything until you're through your first trimester. I'm sorry to hear you miscarried (it happened to me before) but since you've been trying for a while, I would wait.

And if she isn't understanding then she sucks.
    Good luck and congrats!
  • Vannesa
    Expert October 2021
    Vannesa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah I kind of figured we would wait since we lost one before. And everything is still pretty early. But thank you!

• Shaina
    Expert October 2020
    Shaina ·
    • Flag

Well Congratulations! Thats a blessing! In opinion if they already knew then I would assume they should be understanding. One of my bridesmaids wants to be pregnant soon and she might have a small bump the day of but it will be small lol but I know she would like to start trying.

I suggest telling them the best way you think they will listen to you. The dress thing ; well you are probably gonna have to buy a new bm dress or exchange it depending on where you got it from

Smiley smile

• Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    Just let the Brida and Groom know you are expecting now. I'm sure they will understand and help you figure it all out for their big day. Congratulations!
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

One of my bridesmaids told me over a year ago that she fully intends to be about 3 months pregnant at my wedding. They have it planned out, I also know that she may not get pregnant right away but she will be trying once she and her husband get to their 1 year anniversary. So when I selected bridesmaid dresses, I picked a few that would be small bump friendly for her. She ended up selecting the one I had a feeling she would pick. Depending where you got the dress from hopefully you can exchange it for one that is more bump friendly than the one you currently have. I would also wait just a bit longer, unless you can't exchange your dress past a certain amount of time then I would do so soon.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I agree to not maybe say anything until you get through the first trimester. Also you wouldn't be the first pregnant person in a wedding. I don't know she left early care as if you really think about it and we're going to be focusing on the bride and not the Bridesmaids. I personally think it'll be a big issue you may just have to pay for them alterations.
  • Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

Our boutique had asked my BM if any of them could be pregnant around the time of my wedding so they could account or have a option switch ready. I'm sure they will be so happy for you and It doesn't mean you will be any less of an awesome bridesmaid for her or that it will cost her anymore!

CONGRATULATIONS!

• Vannesa
    Expert October 2021
    Vannesa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s a dress from David’s bridal and I’m sure I’ll be able to exchange it but the dress isn’t maternity friends at all like there’s no stretch to it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics