Future Mrs. Busch
Beginner May 2022

Help!!!! Am I being petty and should I invite her ?

Future Mrs. Busch, on May 6, 2020 at 8:41 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved
I have a cousin we will call her Jordan
She is very stuck up and a snob turned her fiancé proposal down because of her ring size. She made him upgrade her ring.And makes comments all the time about how people shouldn’t wear Sandler’s unless they have pedi’s. Okay so my cousin sent out invitations and everyone but my fiancé and I got invited. Cool didn’t really bother me We are in the very early stages of planning our wedding and I’m feeling pressured to invite her, do I have too? I feel like my wedding is going to be looked down on because it’s not going to be grand. We are already planning on a guest list of 200 people and really don’t want to invite them. Am I being petty because they didn’t invite me so I shouldn’t invite them

10 Comments

Latest activity by Keisha-Gay, on May 7, 2020 at 10:22 AM
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    If you don’t want to invite them and they won’t add any positivity to your special day then don’t invite them. You should surround yourselves with those who love and support you. Leave the drama cousin out of it for your own peace of mind.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s ok not to invite her. Especially considering she didn’t invite you
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    You don’t have to invite anyone you don’t want to invite. But do you think it would cause conflict/drama in your family if you didn’t?
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    It's your wedding you don't have to justify who you choose to invite or not invite. We invited our guests based on relationships not titles (cousins, aunts, uncles) etc. Do you truly have current relationships with those invited? If not you might want to rethink your guest list.
  • Future Mrs. Busch
    Beginner May 2022
    Future Mrs. Busch ·
    • Flag
    Most of the guest list is my fh side very close family
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    "So sorry. COVID-19 is limiting our guest list."
  • Allie
    Super November 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    You don’t have to invite anyone you don’t want to invite. I have a grandmother who I am not inviting to my wedding because she doesn’t ever bother with me and when she does, it’s only to cause a huge scene and bring more attention to herself. She also put on a spectacle at Thanksgiving making some of my other family very uncomfortable and basically saying she doesn’t care about my aunt’s health as my aunt is battling cancer right now. I don’t want that disrupting my wedding day, therefore she can sit it out. So you can absolutely do the same for this girl. People don’t like it? Then maybe they should change their attitudes.
  • Courtney
    Super September 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    I’d ask yourself “would I invite her if she wasn’t having a wedding we weren’t invited to?” and if the answer is still no I wouldn’t feel bad about not inviting her at all. Don’t feel like you need to invite people you don’t want there.
  • Jessica
    Devoted March 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

She sounds like someone you wouldn't want there. I have a bratty cousin, too. She's getting invited, but I know she won't come. Maybe this snobby cousin of yours will opt-out anyway!

• Keisha-Gay
    Dedicated October 2021
    Keisha-Gay ·
    • Flag
    Let me tell you this and I am speaking from my many years of experience dealing with bridesmaids, always remember that your wedding is about you and your fiancé. It is going to be your big day! Do not let anyone, not even your mom make you feel uncomfortable.... and I use the word mom in a general context as an example. The fact that you are feeling uncomfortable you shouldn’t invite her. It is going to be the one day you will remember forever and don’t let anything or anybody make you feel miserable. I have seen countless brides have mental breakdown in front of me on their wedding day because of family exceptions. Always remember you and your fiancé is in control of who you invited. Stay bless

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics