We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Britteny
Dedicated July 2020

Heels or flats

Britteny, on July 10, 2020 at 1:33 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 19
Saved Save
I have bought a small heel for my wedding but was wondering should I got with flats instead?

19 Comments

• Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    It all depends on what you want. I personally can't stand heels, so I wore a sparkly pair of flat sandals.
  • Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Flats are definitely going to be more comfortable, but I'm too dressy of a person for flats. I say reception flats are a must, but it really does all depend on what you prefer. You can't go wrong with either in all honesty! Good luck girly ❤️
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You could do both too ! Some brides change into something more comfortable for the reception. I personally wore flats the entire time though
  • Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is the perfect idea. I hear ya!!! I'm wearing heels during ceremony and going barefoot for the reception because I love being barefoot. Nothing describes me more!
  • A
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Are any parts of your wedding outside? If so, you may want to get heel covers so that you don’t sink in the grass or go with flats. Otherwise, I like the idea of possibly doing both. Just be aware that the lessened height that comes with flats may lead your dress to drag on the floor. Be careful you don’t trip!
  • Margaret
    VIP October 2020
    Margaret Online ·
    • Flag

I had custom Chucks made, but ended up changing my mind and buying ballroom dancing shoes (slight heel) they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried and perfect for my dress. And if I want I can still wear the Chucks!

• Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    I bought flats. I love heels but I’m going to be as comfortable as possible lol
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    Are you used to wearing heels?

I’m not and wore mine for pics pre ceremony and then the ceremony and took them off for the reception (barefoot, lol) so maybe 4 hrs, and they caused my toe nails to fall off. Sorry TMI, but I think its something people don’t think about.
    So if you’re used to wearing them, keep them! If not i suggest flats. You could also change after the ceremony but then you have to worry about the dress being too long if it’s hemmed to the length with your heels.
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    What are you more comfortable in? I wear heels maybe once a year to someone else’s wedding. I’m wearing flats to my own lol
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    My girls and I are all wearing Toms to stay comfy.
    While I enjoy the look of heels, the height and shape of the shoe will determine how long I can wear them.
    I’d rather go with something that I can wear all day and then use as work shoes after the event.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2020
    Leanne ·
    • Flag
    I went with a silver metallic wedge from Nina probably 2” y’all. Gives enough lift, won’t make me sink into the ground and will be comfy all night.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I wore the sparkly Kate Spade Keds & was so comfortable all day! I decided being comfortable was most important, so that is why I opted for flats.
  • Jenna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    I got 2” chunky heels and they’re so comfortable! I knew that pointed flats would’ve killed my toes.
  • A
    Super August 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

I choose flats. It's a long day and no one will be able to see my shoes. I don't care the my FH is significantly taller than me, I want to be comfortable.

• Chelsea G
    Devoted March 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I opted for a shorter block heel so it would easier to walk in and be comfortable. I couldn't see myself wearing flats for my wedding. I plan on getting slippers or something similar for dancing at the reception.

• Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    That is up to you! If you can stand, dance, and walk in them all day with no issues, go for it. You can always have a pair of flats on hand if your feet or back get cranky and needs a break.
  • Jana
    Rockstar June 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    It's personal choice. Go with whatever you're most comfortable with. Be aware that if you wear heels and then change into flats, your dress will be a tripping hazard because it was altered to accommodate heels.

• Britteny
    Dedicated July 2020
    Britteny ·
    • Flag

This is the heels I was going to wear not too long or short and I honesty bought this over a year ago and I just tried it on a day ago and to my surprise after having a baby and all that it fits just fine but was nervous about the ceremony walking and then dinner
    Heels or flats 1

• Marisa
    VIP May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

As long as you’re comfortable, you wear whatever you will feel good in for the day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles