Just as the title says... Hear me out. This is my OPINION so don't come for me. But I wanted to provide a different perspective to the norm. I feel the bridal party decision is so stressful for many and comes with a lot of drama. Large bridal parties are overrated and more trouble then they are worth.
I may be biased but I only had 1 girl standing by my side and I wouldn't have it any other way
- There is no hierarchy of friends. Everyone is important to me and I want everyone to celebrate not just those in a matching dress
- My friends are not props for pictures. Friends should not have matching hair and dresses so photos "look good". Not everyone looks good in the same color or style of dress. Let your friends be confident.
- It's expensive having a lot of girls. You have to pay for bouquets for all of the girls and I personally believe you should pay for hair and makeup if you have bridesmaids because you want them to look a certain way. I saved so much money by only having 1 girl.
- It's less drama! You don't have to worry when girls buy their dresses or get them altered, etc
- You don't have to wake up as early for hair and make up!
I still had my girl friends chill with me and eat breakfast the morning of, but the morning was free for them to do what they wanted! I think not being in a bridal party allowed the to enjoy themselves more and they wore outfits and colors they liked. They had so much fun picking out their gowns for my black tie event.
Once again, this is my opinion! And just wanted to provide a different perspective as I see a fair amount of posts regarding bridal party drama.
Your wedding will be wonderful no matter.