We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kari
Savvy October 2020

Head Table Seating

Kari, on August 9, 2020 at 12:56 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 8
Saved Save
Hi! I’m trying to figure out how to do the seating for the head table.

We do not have a wedding party. The grooms parents are divorced and each have children of their own and I am the only child to my parents.
So I was originally going to do myself, the groom, my mom, my dad, his mom, his stepdad, and their 6 year old daughter who is the flower girl. But then would his dad be offended? His dad and step mom are coming along with their 3 children who are all older and in college. I could add his dad and stepmom to the table but then his kids would sit by themselves.
I’m unsure of what to do?

8 Comments

Latest activity by MrsD, on August 10, 2020 at 1:57 PM
  • Kari
    Savvy October 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag
    Also to note he is not close with his dad like he is his mom. But his dad did give us some money for the wedding!
  • S
    Savvy September 2020
    S Kab ·
    • Flag
    We don’t have a wedding party either so we are only doing a sweetheart table for the bride and groom. Family will sit together according to their household. Most of our family members are supporting by way of helping with decoration, catering, etc and I don’t think that the level of contribution should dictate who will seat at the head table. You can sit each with their own new families at a table very close to the bride and groom.
  • Samantha
    Dedicated September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I don’t have a bridal party either so what I’m doing is having the bride and groom only at the front and the “head” table is the parents and fillers and his siblings will have a table of their own.
  • Jessica
    Rockstar September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We have a wedding party, but we’re doing a sweetheart table instead of a head table. Our wedding party will sit with their significant others at various tables, and our families will be at the tables closest to us. The advantage of a sweetheart table is no one can be offended at not being included, and you can hopefully get a few minutes to yourselves while everyone is eating (and eat yourselves!).
  • T
    Dedicated February 2022
    Tiante ·
    • Flag
    Consider doing a sweethearts table with just you two. Our head table will be just us & our children. My side would be pretty easy but he has 7 siblings & his mom & step mom don’t really get along and his mom has her own bf & it’s just to many dynamics for me to focus on on my big day. The 3 closest tables to us will be 1) my mom 2)his mom 3)his father & well include super close people like our siblings & grandparents & elderly aunts in those tables
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, I wouldn’t put your parents and the flower girl up at the head.
    I would do a table for you and the groom, and then your parents, the flower girl, his mom and stepdad at one table and his dad, stepmom and their three kids at another. Are the older kids bringing plus ones because that might also mess with your seating options.
  • Jeanette
    Expert July 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    I prefer sweetheart table just so there's some amount of separation and maybe it'll give us all of 10 seconds to eat our $70 food 😂 I think it's especially nice when a head table is looking a little too much like jenga.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Can you just do a sweetheart table?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles