Sooooo, as you know my wedding is- Supposed to be- in September. September 19th to be exact.
We are supposed to be getting married at Turning Stone Resort and Casino, and at this point they are still shut down. Given they are in Upstate N.Y., I am more concerned than I would’ve been if they were located someplace else, as N.Y. has been hit so hard..
We are 136 days away from the date and I do NOT know what to do!!! There are things I NEED to paint & assemble. As well as setup and take pictures so that the florist and setup vendor know how the tables are to look and items that go on them. I also need to get pictures and a written list of items that are NOT takeable- as we are doing a “Harry Potter” theme and I’ve been leant items- I want to make sure they go back to their owners. Plus I need to get groomsmen & my dad fit for tuxes and they are in MD, NY, FL & VA!, my son into a suit, and the girls need( also scattered across country!) to have their dresses fit, I need to get mine done too!! Then vendors need to have final headcount, and the money sent to them for another/final payment......I also am finding out today if I have to have hip surgery & then rehab, for a badly torn labrum.... So I kinda need to set the surgery( if needed) so I am off the 6-8 week crutches/bed rest in time to be able to walk down the aisle & dance at the wedding!
I just need to know if I should wait, and how much longer, before I pick invites- and send them?!?!?
Our wedding is a “Destination Wedding” for the majority of our guests. FH & I live in V.A., have some family in M.A. & N.Y. as well as in FL, MD & VA... And I have my 1/2 sister coming from Germany and a friend from Ireland!!! Travel to NY has been restricted by airlines and states have you self quarantining for 14 days should you go to NY/NJ/CT!
I know that we are still a little ways away, but I need to send out invitations, buy items for hotel bags, bathroom baskets and candy buffet should we keep our date. And I am at a standstill watching the days tick by.... And that is making me, literally, ill with worry that I won’t have it done and the wedding WILL go off in September! But I also don’t want to order all the items assuming I have 200ppl and that we are doing September and not.
Our wedding is supposed be outdoors and reception inside the ballroom. We were looking at 200-250 people. This is my first wedding, his second. And I don’t want to give up they dream wedding because I KNOW I will be super resentful every time I think of it & see any pictures. And I don’t want to start us as a married couple out like that.... and YES, I have tried to be okay with it and even in therapy I am not.
His mother has reset the Africa trip he gave her( his kids, stepdad, he and I) for Christmas 2yrs ago to Next May 2-14- from this May 2 -14. I say this bc FH has suggested we postpone till May or June of NEXT YEAR- I am NOT OK with this as 1) We postponed bc of his “darling” 23yo daughter already. Due to her drama that he took me to Europe before her..... can we say entitled much?.... and the European trip we had to do to shut her up. 2) My dad has serious, aggressive cancer and might not be around for a postponement.3) Our 10yr anniversary of being together, 1 yr wedding anniversary & him turning 55 all happen in 2021! And I thought that was really cool. 4) I want to get married already!! 5) I want to get married so his “darling” daughter can stop trying to break us up- and get the hell out of our house!! 6) I think we need to have this wedding to make everyone feel happy and more normal! After COVID-19.