So I’m in a dilemma here any advice is welcomed so I really liked the girl who did my hair for my engagement photos it was great and told her I wanted her to do my hair for the wedding she sent over a small questionnaire to fill out and I sent it back the next day that was over a month ago and still no follow up with a contract or anything she messaged me on Instagram thinking my was wedding was two weeks ago and I told her it’s next May I just wanted to get ahead with booking she told me she would sent a contract but still nothing, now my mom and I went to a bridal fair and met a hair artist we really clicked and she’s been responsive should I just give my deposit to the hair person who I like a lot and click with and been responsive or wait for the other girl to send me a contract because I like her work and she’s pretty popular for weddings! My gut is saying don’t wait but another part thinks she has time. What would you do?
I wouldn't wait, I would go with the one you met at the bridal fair. I don't know if it's just me, but I think it's kind of weird that she messaged you on Instagram instead of via email or something like that, just doesn't seem professional to me. The one you met at the bridal fair seems much more professional from what you posted.
I wouldn’t wait. I know a lot of the hair and makeup artists I contacted wouldn’t book until 6-8 months out, so maybe that’s the issue with the other one? But I wouldn’t wait, if you can book a different one I say do it!
View Quoted Comment
Thank you my gut is telling me not to wait either and book the other lady I like and met already, I always feel weird like I’m hurting someone’s feelings if u don’t chose them as a vendor how would I let the other one know I’m not going with her?
View Quoted Comment
If she hasn't sent you a contract in several weeks, I dont know that you need to. It kinda sounds like she's ghosting you. So unless she actually reaches out to you, I think you're free to go on.