Ellen
Devoted October 2021

Hair and makeup trial today... does it look ok?

Ellen, on September 11, 2021 at 11:19 AM Posted in Hair and Makeup 2 29
Saved
Hi ladies, had the hair and makeup done today. I wanted something natural (me but better). I love the colors, what do you think? I’m an older bride and didn’t want anything too dramatic. I figured I wanted it to look good in photos and being 57 I wasn’t sure what to do. Kudos to Angela at Salon S!Hair and makeup trial today... does it look ok? 1
Hair and makeup trial today... does it look ok? 2

29 Comments

Latest activity by Ellen, on September 17, 2021 at 7:07 PM
  • A
    Dedicated October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag

Love your hair!

• Anna
    Beginner December 2021
    Anna ·
    • Flag

tenor.gif

if i had long hair i propyl do something like this awesome!!!

and yess natural look in the make up is looking beautiful to

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I think this looks beautiful!! I especially love your hair!
  • H
    Savvy September 2022
    Helen ·
    • Flag

This is beautifully done. I think it looks "just enough" since you don't want an overly dramatic look. I will be an older (49) second time bride and was thinking something like this for my hair too

• Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    Aww thank you. She did a great job, but I have a lot hair do it took a while.
  • Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s definitely easier off the face I didn’t want stuff hanging in front that would drive me crazy!
  • Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks, Anna!
  • Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks, Lisa! Super happy with it!
  • R
    Savvy June 2022
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

You look lovely! Love the hair!

• Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I took pics so she knows what she did.
  • Kristen
    Dedicated February 2023
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    You look fantastic! And damn lady, that’s a gorgeous head of hair you’ve got!
  • Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Kristen! Yes I’m lucky! 12 years ago I had cancer and went through chemo and was so happy it grew back to its original state, wavy and thick, thank God!
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Ok first of all how dare you look so young ;-)
    Both are gorgeous!
    I will be 53 at the wedding and also want the “me but a bit more glam” look. You look great!
  • Katrina
    Just Said Yes October 2022
    Katrina ·
    • Flag
    You look very beautiful😍☺️!
  • Kristen
    Dedicated February 2023
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It makes me so happy to hear you fought and won against cancer. I hope you have the most beautiful wedding.
  • Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Samantha, it does feel like like a lot of makeup. I went through the entire day running errands and such, and it never budged!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Pretty!! The only thing I would comment on is the fact that you have more of a pink undertone and the makeup that the artist used has a yellow undertone. If you look at the photo, you’ll see the difference in color between your face and your chest/arms. So, I would have another run at the foundation color with your artist. Your photographer is going to take high quality photos. So you want to make sure the color is correct.
  • Elri
    Dedicated September 2021
    Elri ·
    • Flag

I agree with sexy-poodle, If you were my friend and asking me I would tell you that your eyes, cheeks and lips are on point color wise. Everything matches, except your foundation, You have pink undertones. You need a cool or neutral foundation. I had this same issue with my makeup trial. My artist made me look orange. I have a similar color to you. Please check out Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. I have pink undertones like you and I use 4.75 color. I'm 50 and so I know what works. This foundation is beautiful and I see you tuber make up artists using it all the time, especially for older people like us. It gives a "dewy" glow. You don't want to look super matte on your wedding day. Good luck! Your are gorgeous!!

• Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for this info! I will pick this up and ask her to use it. She did use powder and setting spray and was a bit more matte and dry looking.
  • Ellen
    Devoted October 2021
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Don’t know if my answer posted to you so writing again. Thank you both! I will pick up this foundation and concealer. She did use powder and it made it dry and matte. I will tell her to use my stuff and will get the 4.75 I’m terrible at matching myself for foundation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics