Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachael
Beginner August 2020

Guest to upload photos they take

Rachael, on May 14, 2019 at 3:19 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 13
I am still new to the while planning wedding thing, i was wondering if there was a way of the guest to upload the photos they take to my weddingwire website (or to any recomended website) or if it would be better to create a wedding hasttag on facebook, instagram, ect. Any thoughts? -thank you!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on May 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  • Emily
    Dedicated October 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I think that a wedding hashtag is your best bet! If you advertise the hashtag, you can see those photos and those that you are tagged in on social media Smiley smile

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

As a guest, I'm much less likely to download an additional app or go to a website to upload photos, than I am to just post on social media with your hashtag or tag you.

• Rachael
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, this is true. Ill most likely creat a hasttag for the social media accounts thank you for your input! Smiley smile
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    This is true, it may be the easiest way too. Thank you for your input! Smiley smile
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    To me this one’s a bit of a ‘you know your crowd best’ situation. My husband and I aren’t big users of Facebook (actually he doesn’t use it at all, I do but rarely post , and don’t look at it every day and as such don’t go out of my way to friend people). Our friend crowd are also not big Facebook users. There are a couple outliers and a few family members who do. I know some people use Instagram, but everyone has private accounts these days, so even if people WERE hash tagging it things, we may never see them.

i was hesitant to do anything involving an app bc I know I PERSONALLY don’t like downloading extra apps, but we ended up with a free trial of something (Veri... now it exists in a free form as ‘the guest’), so kind of threw it out there as an uploading option , and it ended up being a huge hit. Only like 35 of our 125 actually downloaded it to contribute, but those that did, some really went to town contributing! And it was a great success (even the non-downloaders could get a link to SEE the pics, which lots of guests asked me for).

i just know for ME— I take pictures at weddings as a guest. But I’d certainly never post them on Facebook, so, they largely get lost in my phone’s camera role, rarely to be seen. But , if it was a separate, wedding-only platform, I’d be happy to add my photos !
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Our group is kinda of a mixed party, some are big social media users and some are not. But i will need to look into that app, thank you for telling me about it! Smiley smile
  • Tara
    Expert June 2019
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I was going to try to use The Guest app as well! I plan on doing it for the bridal shower, morning of, and the wedding. I have plans to send out a text to everyone who said they are coming to download the app. I am also planning on including it on the wedding program and/or something at the reception.

I know that it may not get the best turnout, but this is my only bet. I had a hashtag, but I am not on any social media anymore so it will be pointless for me to push that.

• Rachael
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitely need to look into this app now, thankyou for letting ne know!
  • Tiara
    Expert October 2018
    Tiara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Everyone didn't use it, buy my guests who did really liked Veri!
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Thats good, i definitely need to look into Veri, thank yiu everyone for your input! Smiley smile
  • Kelsey
    Dedicated September 2019
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

We are likely going to do a combination of the Guest app and a hashtag. Most of our guests are going to be older and are actually most likely to share photos with us/our parents via text messages because that's what they know, but our generation (siblings, cousins, friends) are tech savvy enough to be willing to do one of the other two, and they're also more likely to have their phones out taking pictures during the reception, anyway.

• Rachael
    Beginner August 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    I completely agreed, i may do the combination of the two hasttag and app. But i can also see the older guest texting the pictures to us as well. Thank you for your imput!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I think doing both a hashtag and the WeddingWire Guest App is a great combo! That way you and your family can also easily upload any pictures guests text you directly so that you can still share the photos with all of your guests!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics