Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's super cute.

• Lisa
    Devoted October 2020
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

We are doing little tins of M&M's to match our color scheme (Tiffany Blue, silver & white)!

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    We skipped them, but as a guest, I prefer edible favors if there are any at all.
  • E
    Devoted July 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    We aren’t doing favors. To us it’s a waste of money but it sounds like something edible is the way to go if you’re going to do them.
  • Devoted June 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    We are having a Mirror Photobooth so the photo strips will be our favors. I don’t think we are going to do anything else for favors.
  • Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    Guest favors 2
    We made these. They are filled with candy.
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I almost did the photo booth. But family stuff and money problem made it not possible to get it.
  • Jaimie
    Expert May 2020
    Jaimie ·
    • Flag
    Chocolate covered pretzels
  • Danielle
    Beginner July 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We aren't doing favors per say, but we are doing a photo booth and the strips could be a favor. Our dessert cupcake/cookie table will also be an edible favor.

• Shelly
    Devoted May 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    I am having a mirror photo booth, skeleton key bottle openers, custom beer koozies, and macarons. I wasn’t going to do favors but then I loved adding all the little details.
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thought bout beer koozie. Where you getting your from ?
  • Kari
    Super May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Probably skipping them. A lot of guests leave them behind and I've heard from multiple wedding planners to not spend a lot of time or money on favors because they mostly get tossed or left behind anyway.

Our venue will do 4 oz maple syrup jars (travel sized, small enough to fit in a carry-on on board a plane). If we don't customize them at all and just leave their logo on the jars, we only have to pay for what gets actually taken by guests. Most of our guests are local (we live in and are getting married in NH) so maple syrup isn't a novelty and maple syrup is expensive and we could find cheaper favors elsewhere, but I like the idea of not paying for something that just gets wasted or unappreciated.

• Shelly
    Devoted May 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sip hip hurray shop on Etsy. They were a little more pricey than others I found but they were able to really customize. I have the outline of the building of my venue on one side along with the city name. On the other side is a logo and our names/dates. I know a lot of people will say guests don’t want stuff with your name all over it. And to a point I agree, but I still use the koozie from my cousins wedding lol I just thought it would add a cute touch the bar area. But there are so many options on Etsy.
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would put name. Because want it as a keep sake from my wedding. What if you forget who’s wedding.
  • Canadiangal
    Dedicated August 2020
    Canadiangal ·
    • Flag
    We're making a candy table to fit our HP theme so that's gonna be our favors
  • Kristyn
    Devoted July 2020
    Kristyn ·
    • Flag
    So we are having an outside wedding on a beach and they are setting a bonfire at the end of the night so we're doing a smores kit at every seat with a sparkler and a glow necklace since its the 4th of july and we always have a party with glowsticks and sparklers for the kids every year!
  • Liz
    Dedicated June 2020
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    I’m doing succulents in title pots with a little pick that says Let LoveGrow with it initials and date.
  • Sarah
    Savvy September 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    My first wedding (June 2014) was at a country club so we did engraved golf tees in our wedding colors. My 2nd wedding will be much smaller, and I don’t plan on doing favors this time around.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics