We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Marissa
Expert October 2020

Guess it's happening with rain馃槶馃槶馃槶 (vent)

Marissa, on October 5, 2020 at 11:07 AM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved Save

I'm just so shocked, that out of all the days of the week, rain will be on my day. I just feel extremely sad and defeated. These last few days of being engaged I wanted to just relax and enjoy my time. But now I'm constantly checking the weather everyday, crying every morning, and just feel so mentally drained. I also hate feeling this way around my FH, he's excited to get married and I should feel excited with him but it's hard.

My venue does have a backup building for the rain, but it was not what I imagined where I will be getting married. It's small and I just don't want my guests or vendors to feel cramped since they have to be 6ft apart. I hired a photographer, 2 videographers, 2 musicians, and 1 friend to live-stream the ceremony. With outside it was so much easier! I wanted those beautiful drone shots, and moody outdoor photos. 馃槩 This is just another curveball the universe is throwing at me.

Guess it's happening with rain馃槶馃槶馃槶 (vent) 1

17 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on October 6, 2020 at 9:44 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online
    • Flag
    Is it supposed to rain all day? Or just at certain times? If it's supposed to rain in the morning, and your ceremony is in the evening, it might not be an issue. There's also still time for the forecast to change. Otherwise, even if it does rain, get some cute umbrellas and take pictures in the rain! Those could turn out super fun, and they'll be unique!
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag

I hate to ask but there is no way to postpone a different day? I know this is heart breaking and I am so sorry. I get it. For brides it is different because we have imagined the day since being little girls so it being perfect down to each detail is important where for most men it is kind of go with the flow. Have you spoken to the photographers about having umbrellas and if the rain is light doing it out doors? Does the venue have a tent to cover guests for seating or could you get one last minute?

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag

I'm sorry, I hope the rain will pass or at least won't be the nasty hard rain. If it does rain hopefully it will just be sprinkles

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag

I do want to say this. I get you being sad but you are far from defeated. You got this. I get it that the rain is a pain in the butt and trust me I would feel the same but while this is easier said than done, your outlook for the day is what matters. I think it is great your FH is excited to be married. Let that excitement fuel you. Sometimes we have to put things in perspective. I can get annoyed I am not having a bigger wedding but then I think of couples that have broken up before their day or fiances who have lost their loved one before the wedding. Rain sucks but could be far worse. Cry it out as you are allowed and be upset but the universe is not against you. You are stronger than you think and try to focus on the day being beautiful. You are going to be beautiful and honestly unless a tropical storm I would probably chance the rain if the photographers and videographers can do their jobs. I would talk to them and see their options. Also, is the rain lighter during certain times of the day? I going pray your day does go well and you get the shots you want and have a great time.

• F
    Dedicated September 2020
    Furure Mrs.
    • Flag

I'm so sorry the weather is looking so poor for your wedding day. If it's any consolation, up until two days before our wedding the forecast showed 100% chance of rain, however the day came around and it was beautiful. Fingers crossed that the same will happen for your special day!! But even if it doesn't, I'm sure your photographer has worked a wedding in the rain before, and will still be able to capture some beautiful memories of the day for you!

• Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was going to say the same thing . . . try not to focus on the forecast because they change all of the time. You might be surprised that on Thursday or Friday, the forecast is different than it is today. Also, as someone who lives in Florida and deals with rain all the time, this forecast is not a guarantee that your plans are ruined. Rain in the forecast doesn't mean it will rain all day or even at the time of your events, and it may not rain where your wedding events are although it may rain in other parts of the city. You're not defeated . . . this just may be an unforeseen circumstance. But I am a FIRM believer that everything works out the way it is supposed to -- and your wedding will too!

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag
    Try not to stress yourself out. A lot can change, weather wise, in the next 5 days! If there is one thing I鈥檝e learned over my life so far, it鈥檚 that no one actually knows what the weather will do until that day. Try to remain positive & pray to Mother Nature!!! Regardless of how the weather turns out, I鈥檓 sure your wedding with be amazing.
  • Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari
    • Flag

Things can still change. Rain was predicted all week leading up to our elopement (and I really didn't want to ruin my dress before our rescheduled wedding next year) and it ended up being a beautiful day without a single rain drop.

• Sharon
    Expert September 2021
    Sharon
    • Flag
    Rain or shine, indoor or outdoor, your wedding day will be beautiful and magical. I don't think any 2020 bride is getting the wedding they dreamed of and if rain is the worst thing you have to deal with consider yourself very lucky. You can't control the weather so focus your energy on the things you can control. Most importantly focus on what the day is....you're marrying the love of your life! What could be better than that?
  • A
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Ashley
    • Flag
    Marissa, I completely understand how you are feeling because the dame thing happened to me a month ago. Perfect weather throughout the week and a forecast of rain for our wedding day. The last days leading up to the wedding were very overwhelming and the addition of the threat of rain made it hard for me to sleep. My advice to you is to try to focus on everything else that you do have control over and do your very best to enjoy this time. It rained all morning on my wedding day and we had an outdoor ceremony and reception planned. The venue and our coordinator waited until the very last moment before deciding to move everything inside. Thankfully for us, it stopped raining and the sun came out in enough time for everything to be set up outdoors. The grass was a little soft so it made it harder to walk in but otherwise our day turned out beautifully. I would check the details of the forecast because it might be only a certain time of day that it will rain and maybe your venue can work around this. Have a good cry about the rain and let those feelings out and then start getting excited with your fh! I think your day will be special whether the rain comes or not Smiley smile
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy
    • Flag
    We had 100% chance of rain on our wedding day. It poured (didn鈥檛 storm) all morning until the ceremony started. It was nice and sunny after for pictures (even if everything was wet).
    If it has to rain hopefully you get the same. Rainy in the morning and bright and sunny later. But they say rain on your wedding day is good luck 馃槉 either way you鈥檒l end the day married and that鈥檚 the most Important part!! Congrats & try not to stress because you can鈥檛 change the weather
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret
    • Flag

Does this view make it better or worse?

Hourly Forecast for Sunday 10/11

icon

Sunday 10/1120% / 0 in

Sunshine along with some cloudy intervals. High 62F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

icon

Sunday Night 10/1120% / 0 in

A mostly clear sky. Low 49F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

Sun

7:09AM6:30PM

Moon

12:53AM3:54PMWaning Crescent, 32% visible

Time Conditions Temp. Feels Like Precip Amount Cloud Cover Dew Point Humidity Wind Pressure

12:00 am ShowersShowers 53 F 52 F 51 % 0.01 in 72 % 46 F 77 % 4 mph SSE 30.00 in

1:00 am ShowersShowers 52 F 51 F 51 % 0.01 in 67 % 45 F 77 % 4 mph SSE 30.00 in

2:00 am ShowersShowers 52 F 51 F 39 % 0.01 in 63 % 45 F 77 % 4 mph SE 30.00 in

3:00 am ShowersShowers 52 F 51 F 39 % 0.01 in 60 % 44 F 75 % 4 mph SE 30.01 in

4:00 am ShowersShowers 52 F 51 F 39 % 0.01 in 59 % 44 F 74 % 4 mph SE 30.01 in

5:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 51 F 50 F 24 % 0 in 58 % 43 F 73 % 4 mph ESE 30.01 in

6:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 50 F 49 F 24 % 0 in 50 % 41 F 72 % 4 mph ESE 30.02 in

7:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 49 F 47 F 24 % 0 in 47 % 41 F 73 % 4 mph ESE 30.03 in

8:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 49 F 48 F 21 % 0 in 44 % 41 F 73 % 4 mph ESE 30.05 in

9:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 52 F 52 F 18 % 0 in 41 % 42 F 69 % 3 mph ESE 30.05 in

10:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 54 F 54 F 15 % 0 in 36 % 44 F 67 % 3 mph ESE 30.04 in

11:00 am Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 56 F 55 F 13 % 0 in 33 % 45 F 66 % 5 mph SW 30.03 in

12:00 pm Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy 58 F 57 F 12 % 0 in 30 % 45 F 61 % 6 mph W 30.02 in

1:00 pm Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny 59 F 58 F 12 % 0 in 29 % 44 F 56 % 7 mph WNW 30.01 in

2:00 pm Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny 60 F 60 F 12 % 0 in 28 % 43 F 53 % 7 mph WNW 29.99 in

3:00 pm Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny 61 F 60 F 12 % 0 in 27 % 42 F 51 % 7 mph WNW 29.98 in

4:00 pm Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny 61 F 60 F 11 % 0 in 26 % 42 F 49 % 7 mph W 29.96 in

5:00 pm Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny 60 F 59 F 17 % 0 in 25 % 41 F 50 % 7 mph WNW 29.96 in

6:00 pm Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny 58 F 57 F 18 % 0 in 24 % 41 F 54 % 6 mph WNW 29.97 in

7:00 pm Mostly ClearMostly Clear 56 F 55 F 17 % 0 in 23 % 41 F 57 % 5 mph NW 29.98 in

8:00 pm Mostly ClearMostly Clear 54 F 53 F 19 % 0 in 22 % 41 F 61 % 5 mph E 30.00 in

• Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I looks like it will be all day for now, but that could change. My ceremony is at 4pm so hoping at least a break in the rain will happen. And yes I did buy cute umbrellas for photos, so I am excited about that! 馃槉

• Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Unfortunately we can't postpone to a different day since it would be very last minute. Luckily my photographer has shot in the rain before, so maybe we can get some cool photos! The venue doesn't have a tent but does have an indoor section for the rain, just not what I wanted though. Thank you for the help! 馃挄

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hoping that the forecast changes for you!! But even if it doesn't, your wedding day will still be beautiful! Sounds like you'll get great pictures either way - the umbrellas are a great idea. Keep up the positive attitude, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • anna
    Dedicated October 2019
    anna
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The same thing happened with ours! it was showing rainy, cold weather on our date for the entire 2 weeks leading up to it. we even bought clear umbrellas for photos because it was looking bad. but then on the morning of our wedding the sun came out and it turned into the most gorgeous day ever! I would say to have a backup plan, but you never know what the weather is going to do!

• Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!! Hoping and praying this happens to us as well! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles