Skip to main content
Larissa
Beginner April 2021

Groomsmen Search

Larissa, on October 29, 2019 at 9:31 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 14
Saved
My fiancé doesn't have a lot of close friends. What do you recommend he do for groomsmen?Smiley heart

14 Comments

Latest activity by Neeva, on October 31, 2019 at 9:58 PM
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

Wedding parties (either or both sides) are not mandatory but if he doesn't have a lot of close friends, he can always ask relatives as well.

• Ann
    Devoted September 2021
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    He could ask relatives?
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Don’t have a lot of groomsmen. Whoever he’s close to can be in the wedding, whether that’s zero or five people.
  • Larissa
    Beginner April 2021
    Larissa ·
    • Flag
    Relatives are a great idea, but he seems touch about that idea since two of my three bridesmaids are my best friends
  • Brianna
    Dedicated December 2019
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    I would really caution him to ask someone he is closer to, even if it means a relative. This is my second wedding and I was kind of in his shoes at my first. I had 4 bridesmaids that I kind of scrounged up. One was my sister- still talk to her. One was my sister in law- talked to her until the divorce, and two were girls I had been hanging out with as a single chick, who I had lost contact with within a year of the wedding. I always felt bummed about that, because these are supposed to be people who will support me through life’s trials- and I excluded one sister to include them- and they were never there for me. Not that they were bad chicks, we just didn’t have much in common besides wanting to go out on Friday nights.

This time even though I have two sisters and one best friend, I’m having my two teenaged sons stand up with me. FH is having two friends, and I don’t think it’s an issue that they are coming from different parts of our lives.
  • Jennifer
    Devoted September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

If he doesn't feel like he's close enough to the guys in his life to ask them to be groomsmen, I wouldn't force it. It's totally ok to have an unbalanced bridal party! In that case your girls could walk up the aisle and sit in the front row (rather than stand next to you) if you're worried about photos looking uneven or weird. The important thing is to surround yourself with the people that you are closest to at this point in your life!

• Larissa
    Beginner April 2021
    Larissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!❤️
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Or if you both wanted no wedding party, you could still get ready with your closest friends to enjoy the “getting ready” moments and photos but they can wear whatever they want by attending as guests.
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏on this part:... “these are supposed to be people who will support me through life’s trials”...

I’ve already blocked one Bridesmaid. I just got married last month.
  • Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag

I was the one with not many people I wanted to have and he wanted 4. Thus, I asked my sister, my cousin, my nephew's mom, and my brother's gf. I'm nervous about having my brother's gf as I'm not super close with her, but even if they break up after the wedding, it's just some photographs, and me having her in it stops any drama from my brother!

I'd say try to stick with family (cousins, uncles, siblings, etc) because they tend to always be in your life even if you aren't super close! Also, uneven sides is totally fine - I just couldn't do it because I need it to look even (it's all dependent on how you two want it to look). Good luck!

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

He could ask relatives of his - or members of your family if he wanted. but he also doesn't have to have any.

• Samantha
    Savvy September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I mean I would recommend not doing a formal bridal party, but if you have your friends who you want to be a special part of your big day you can still do it without giving out formal titles or anything like that. I'm sure your friends will understand and still be honored to be a part of your big day without a title.

• Brittany
    Savvy September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    I dont have a lot of friends either, mine are mostly family. My FH has 6 groomsmen but I decided my parents will stand beside me after walking me down the aisle and we probably are also not making them stand in line, just having them spread around nearby. People who are close to us and special to our lives.
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

We are having different amounts of groomsmen and bridesmaids. There are no rules! Invite people you and him want there!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics