Skip to main content
Aleks
Just Said Yes October 2021

Grooms Opinion on the Dress???

Aleks, on June 23, 2020 at 8:24 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 25

So I’m finally on the search for my wedding dress, and I thought I would get my fiancé’s opinion...just to see what he imagines me walking down the isle in! At first he told me he didn’t have one because I’d “look beautiful no matter what”, but later he explained that he visualizes me in long laced...
So I’m finally on the search for my wedding dress, and I thought I would get my fiancé’s opinion...just to see what he imagines me walking down the isle in! At first he told me he didn’t have one because I’d “look beautiful no matter what”, but later he explained that he visualizes me in long laced sleeves. I’ve been to two stores now and fell in love with an off the shoulder drop-sleeve gown, but I’m feeling torn because it isn’t what he said he imagines me in. I was actually originally looking for a dress with long sleeves before he had mentioned this because that is what I envisioned as well, but haven’t found anything within my price range that I love as much as the off the shoulder dress. Should I settle for this dress that I do think is beautiful and could be my dress, or do I keep searching to find something more along the lines of what my fiancé expects to see me in?

25 Comments

• Karissa
    Beginner September 2020
    Karissa ·
    • Flag

HE WILL LOVE YOU IN ANY DRESS THAT YOU ARE IN!

a lot of the times boys don't know exactly what they want lol. I picked a dress i never envisioned myself in because when i put it on i fell in love! Go with the one that you love, he will love and be in ahh regardless! Smiley smile

• Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No regrets!!! i went o pick up my dress today and fell even more in love with it when I tried it on

• Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    The dress I originally picked was form fitting. Once I started having second guesses about it my FH’s grandma said ask what style he would like to see me in. I don’t know if he said this because Disney is our favorite thing in the world or if it’s just cause this is what he’d imagined. But he said he would like to see me in a ball gown type dress, which I was totally against at first, hence why I picked the form fitting dress first. Then I started looking for ball gown type dresses and found one I loved and it fit our wedding theme perfectly 😊
  • T
    Dedicated November 2021
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

Pick the dress you want. You’re the one that has to wear it, love it and see it in pictures forever. My fiancé and I are opposites, he’s very calm and simple while I’m all over the space and extra. He told me he thought I’d look beautiful in a lacy long sleeved simple wedding dress and when I saw them in person it just wasn’t me. I’m more of a princessy, glam kind of girl. I went with a ball gown tulle style dress because I have to look like the princess I am on my wedding day lol I know he’ll love it regardless

• Blane
    Savvy August 2021
    Blane ·
    • Flag
    Keep searching for a dress you love.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics