Allie
Beginner October 2021

Groom/groomsmen attire struggle

Allie, on November 13, 2019 at 1:03 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save
Hey guys!
So I’m really needing opinions on how the groom and his groomsmen should look and if the colors look good with the bridesmaid dresses. So, my fiancé loves the exact outfit in the picture for himself and the groomsmen but we were wondering if the groom should wear something that sets him apart. Like a vest maybe? Or does it look better to match the groomsmen completely? Also, I would like opinions on if you all think the groomsmen attire and bridesmaids dresses look good. The color and dresses in the picture is the exact look we’re going with. Also, our wedding has a lot of white and greenery.

Groom/groomsmen attire struggle 1

Groom/groomsmen attire struggle 2

8 Comments

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber Online ·
    • Flag

I think the groomsmen outfits match the bridesmaids just fine. The groom can match the groomsmen as much or as little as he wants, I would just ask your FH what he would prefer. If he wants to stand out, he could be in a full suit with a jacket while the groomsmen just have the suspenders.

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy Online ·
    • Flag
    I think the colors look great together. Personally I would want my FH to wear a jacket to stand out and then he could take it off for many of the pictures if he prefers that look. Just a thought.
  • Taylor
    Rockstar October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

We have a very similar vision. My bridesmaids will be wearing dresses from Davids Bridal in the color Biscotti. The groomsmen will be wearing blue suits. We're doing white flowers with lots of greenery too! I love the look for the groomsmen that you pictured. Maybe have them wear that and the groom wear a jacket? Then he can take it off during the reception and be more comfortable!

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think those match fine also
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

Maybe different colored suspenders? Hubby had an ivory tie and pocket square and the rest of the guys had burgundy (but we did full tuxes). He ended up with a bowtie I had made from his late mothers wedding dress that I gave him as a surprise the day of.

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz Online ·
    • Flag

Your colors are going to look so pretty together! Maybe a bowtie for your FH to help him stand out?

• Allie
    Beginner October 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!
  • Allie
    Beginner October 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much for your opinion!