We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Andrea
Dedicated May 2021

Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair?

Andrea, on September 20, 2020 at 5:41 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved Save
I finally went back and ordered the dress I tried on last week that I couldn't stop thinking about! It's not at all what I thought I'd pick before I went in to actually try on dresses. I was gravitating toward the tulle skirt and floral/lace appliqu茅 look when browsing dresses online. The style I went with is very simple and clean but I'm adding an intricately detailed belt that I fell in love with at the shop.

Now I can't decide on how to accessorize other than the belt and satin ribbon trimmed veil that I also purchased with the dress. My mom thinks I should do a simple pearl necklace and pearl post earrings but I don't even know if I should wear a necklace at all. I'm thinking just earrings that match the detail of the belt.
Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 1
3/4 behind shot of the full dress. Ignore the tag on the veil 馃槕
Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 2
Front shot of the full dress.
Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 3
Also thinking of removing the mesh illusion piece in front. Is there a reason it's there?
Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 4
Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 5
Belt detail. I loved the wider belt and how it's shaped. It's got tiny pearls, beads, and some round and marquise gems.
Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 6
I bought two packs of these, there are 3 picks in each. Am I crazy thinking these will look good with the dress and belt? Also any suggestions on what hair styles would go with the dress?
I'll follow up with a comment containing photos of some jewelry pieces from Etsy I thought might work. Didn't save the pics and the app keeps crashing if I minimize it. I already lost my first draft of this post 馃槶

16 Comments

Latest activity by Melle, on September 20, 2020 at 7:09 PM
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2020
    Kimberly
    • Flag
    I think you are right, with that neckline you don鈥檛 really need a necklace. I鈥檇 opt for some dangle earrings that would match your belt. They can me statement (big) or more subtle earrings if dangles aren鈥檛 your style. As for hair, I found a website with advice on what hairstyle to complement a wedding gown at https://www.ettetailor.com/ette-blog/weddinghairstylesnecklines?format=amp

They say for plunging V dresses like yours, loose simple hair pulled away from your neck would show off that plunge. Bonus is the updo would look great with those hair accessories you got, and you can wear both the hair bling and the veil.
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 7
    You鈥檒l look gorgeous 馃挄
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    I would do a hair trial and try a few styles because you could do an updo or a side sweep which would be nice. I think since the dress is satin but you have some booing with the belly I would go diamond for earrings and bracelet and maybe a silver necklace.
  • Andrea
    Dedicated May 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much for that resource, that's all really helpful and I was hoping to have my hair at least partially up so now I know what specific styles to go for!

And thanks for that reassurance about not needing a necklace with this neckline. I feel like I should just nix the idea of a necklace altogether. I think it would bother me if I wear a necklace that isn't the same V shape as the neckline, or if I go with one that's rounded (pearls), which might look off.
  • Andrea
    Dedicated May 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm definitely going to do a hair trial...should I wait until I have my dress finished for a trial with the dress on? Supposedly it won't get here until March and then I have to do the alterations, wedding is in May 馃槵
  • Andrea
    Dedicated May 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    Here are some earrings I found on Etsy and Amazon...let me know which # matches the belt best! Reposting belt first.

Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 8

Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 9
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 10
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 11Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 12
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 13Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 14
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 15
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 16
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 17
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 18
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 19
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 20
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 21
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 22Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 23

Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 24
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 25
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 26
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 27
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 28
    Got the dress! Now...jewelry? Hair? 29

• Krissey
    Dedicated June 2021
    Krissey
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like earrings #18 best with that belt. I would definitely say NO necklace. The dress is so gorgeous and elegant I think you could go with an old Hollywood glamour hairstyle and it would look amazing!
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag
    Pretty dress!
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra
    • Flag
    A twisted updo was would look so elegant with that dress. Also, a single pearl drop necklace and earrings would look perfect!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring
    • Flag
    The dress is stunning but I probably wouldn't wear a necklace with it and would opt for pearl earings.
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nah esp because you don't wanna wear your dress too much before the wedding. You can show a picture. Maybe do the trial two months out. You should wear a white or Ivory top I was told. You can bring your veil to see how that matches w the veil. That's what I did for mine.
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    I would do Pic 10. Classy and adds pop but simple. The focus should be the dress and some of the other earrings are a bit too much.
  • Sarah
    Super August 2021
    Sarah
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful, I love the belt. I agree with not wearing a necklace. I vote earring #11. And I think and updo would look great.
  • Natalie
    Expert November 2020
    Natalie
    • Flag
    My vote is no necklace with statement earrings and a bracelet!
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal
    • Flag

I agree with others: no necklace, and earrings that are similar to the belt. The mesh is likely critical to the integrity of the construction of the bodice. It's lightweight and nearly invisible, but it helps make sure the two front sides of the bodice stay aligned and straight up and down. If you have it removed, I think there will be a significant risk of a "wardrobe malfunction" when you lean over to greet H's great uncle.... Smiley winking You can talk about it with your alterations person, but I doubt they'll recommend removing it. (They can potentially change the color of the mesh if you think it contrasts too much with your complexion.) Gorgeous, classic dress! Congratulations! Smiley heart

• Andrea
    Dedicated May 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you all so much! I so appreciate hearing different opinions and it seems the main consensus is no necklace. And getting an idea of which earrings people think matches the belt best is really helping narrow down which earrings to go with!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Wow the dress is so beautiful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics