Skip to main content
Nona
Expert November 2019

Good backless/strapless or sticky bra?

Nona, on September 30, 2019 at 7:39 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved
I went for alterations today and the girls do not sit where the dress has them to be sitting at (3 kids and gravity takes over lol). I don’t think sewn in cups will help lift the girls in place where they should be, I am a 38 C. Anyone have any recommendations on a good bra? I have a low cut dress plus a keyhole. Anything to help out would be great! I don’t know the next time I go just yet but I was wanting to get something to take back as she’s not messing with my top part this round. She’s having to take about 4in in around my waist, 1.5in on the sides and the 8in in to actually make it a fit and flare like it should be.

Good backless/strapless or sticky bra? 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Sharon, on December 11, 2019 at 5:26 PM
  • Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    I would try a strapless bra first. Then try the sticky bra and see which one works best for you!!!
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I like the sticky bras because they lift.
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    They have really good pads that can be sewn in. I feel like if done right, those will be your best option. With the keyhole back, a strapless likely won’t work and I’ve never had much luck with lifting with the sticky bras. My dress has a completely open back. I did a sewn in bra and it worked wonders.
  • Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag
    Can they just add a bra to the dress? That’s what they did for me and there was no bra needed. I wear DDD.
  • H
    Devoted November 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    Mine is sewing in cups....actually double cups to make the dress fit right. It was gapping too much on the bodice. Its false advertising but I'll have boobs for my wedding. Yay! Lol
  • Nona
    Expert November 2019
    Nona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The cups she had were very thin and didn’t do any good to my girls. So I guess I’ll do some more research to see where I can get some good cups and take them to her. Thank you!
  • Nona
    Expert November 2019
    Nona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ll have to ask her to see what she says. But I will call her tomorrow to see if that’s possible with my dress. I’m trying not to spend no more than I absolutely have too. I’m already at $450 with just what I mentioned in my post. Thank you!
  • Nona
    Expert November 2019
    Nona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have the boobs, just need them to be sitting where the dress is made for them to sit. Lol
  • Naikesha
    Super September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

I was recently in a wedding and wore a strapless push-up bra with clear back because the dress had a sheer 1/2 back . I purchased it from Amazon and I'm a 40DD no show and the girls were in place!. Gravity hasn't done me much damage but nonetheless they are too big and heavy to not wear anything.

• Nona
    Expert November 2019
    Nona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the recommendation. I have considered a sheer back but I still think it would be showing with how my back of the dress is. I have found a bodysuit that I’m going to try out. I also went ahead and bought some good sew in cups as well and sticky bra too. I’m trying to be prepared for my next appointment.

Good backless/strapless or sticky bra? 2
  • Diz
    Dedicated October 2020
    Diz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What site is this? My dress is very low in the back but I'd like to see these options on the website.
  • Nona
    Expert November 2019
    Nona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is from Walmart, but I will say I didn’t go with this style at all. It was very uncomfortable and was digging into my sides. I ordered 2 different sizes for that purpose and both felt the same.
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

OMG I feel your pain. My boobs are low set and hang lower than the cups in all the dresses I tried on. It was sometimes hilarious, but for THE dress, you just want them to work.

Here are a few things I pinned but haven't tried:

https://thebridalbra.com/products/the-bridal-bra-body?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=tbb_body_wcpur_20190906_newads&utm_term=Interests&utm_content=tbb_body_Ad9-20190906&pp=1

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/fashion-forms-u-plunge-backless-strapless-bra-mc536?ID=611248

https://bratag.com/best-backless-bras/

I'm going with a silicone sticky bra (just the cups) and it isn't perfect but I think it will work and I liked it better than BoobTape because it is reusable and I can put it on when I'm trying on my dress for fittings and such (plus I don't have to worry about having to get the placement perfect on the first go).

• L
    Savvy February 2020
    Lexie ·
    • Flag
    I ordered boob tape off amazon for mine and used it at my bachelorette party to test it holds them up high and lasted all night!
  • Sharon
    Savvy February 2020
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

Hi, my alterations person was able to add boning to my dress to help support the cups. I am a 46G so there is a lot to support. :o) I have a fitting on Friday to see how it looks but she was positive I wouldn't need a bra and she is even able to make me look even since I am lopsided.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics