We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Samantha
Devoted September 2020

Giving away the centerpieces

Samantha, on August 3, 2020 at 9:37 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 1 13
Saved Save
I am going to be giving away my centerpieces at the reception and wanted to hear some ideas or stories of ones you have done to give them away.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on August 3, 2020 at 10:14 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

I think that's a cute idea, that way they won't go to waste. I haven't seen that before but I like the idea.

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I like that idea! One thing you could do is put together a bunch of trivia questions about you and your fiance (such as, "how many dresses did the bride try on before finding THE dress?" or "how many baseball stadiums have we visited together throughout our relationship?"), allow people time during cocktail hour or dinner to fill them out, announce the correct answers after dinner, and give the centerpieces to those who got the most correct (or, whoever got the most correct at each table would get to take the centerpiece from their table).
  • Shelly
    Dedicated May 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    My SIL did this at her wedding and I will be doing it at mine also. I will have enough for each couple so I wont have to choose but she picked who she wanted to have the centerpieces before the wedding and put a note under their plate saying they were to take it home. I've also heard that if people are sitting at assigned tables but randome seats, you can put something randomly under one plate at each table and whoever sits in that seat, gets it. The trivia idea is cute too!
  • Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a really cute idea
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    My cousin did this with hers and they did it by who had the next birthday. Person with the closest birthday at each table got to take the centerpiece home.
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted June 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag

My mom tells me I should tape a penny to the bottom of a chair at each table and then whoever sits there gets to take it home. She keeps telling me people will fight over them lol. I could care less honestly.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I’ve just seen people at the tables decide for themselves who wants it
  • Rebecca
    Dedicated July 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I attended a wedding a couple years ago where they did some sort of game to give them away. I can't remember what it was, but it was something fun. I ended up winning, actually! It was a lantern with a candle on top of a wood block and a small vase with faux flowers inside. Good way to help the decor not go to waste!

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Usually people decide among themselves. Any leftovers are donated to a nursing home or funeral parlor. Your dj may have ideas or browse Pinterest.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter and I talked about who she wanted to offer them to and then I sent an email a couple days before the wedding and invited them to take one at the end of the reception. We focused on people who live locally (no one flying was going to want to take a floral arrangement). Four of her five BMs live long distance, but all their moms/families still live local to the wedding location, so she encouraged them to each take one home for their mom. So, we ended up offering them to a few aunts and close family friends, and the BMs to take home to their moms. There were a couple extras that we brought home, and the next day FOB delivered them to a few of our older neighbors (who weren't invited to the wedding, but knew about it).

• A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    We’re just going to tell people ahead of time and then say something at the wedding. Those at the table can decide who takes it. They’ll be hand painted, so I hope they like them!
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    My cousin gave away her center pieces but she didn't do anything to have people win them or anything. She just made an announcement if people wanted to take them they could. Luckily they weren't something everyone would want so nobody fought over them. However with my wedding it's very diy and so because of that we need a lot of people helping us set up and take down. Since we will have people helping with the wedding they get the center pieces. Our center pieces are these big bottles with lights. Giving away the centerpieces 1

Giving away the centerpieces 2

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

My friend tried to do this, but I don't think it worked all that well. (To be fair, she had 6 foot rose garlands.)

Know your crowd. Most of her crowd lived in apartments and didn't have space/vases to hold her centerpieces.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics