We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Javanna
Dedicated September 2021

Gifts

Javanna, on January 19, 2020 at 3:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save
Ok my mind is all over the place with getting gifts for my wedding party i was thinking a cookie box with wedding cookie and a pink personalized flask then my m.o.h hitman with her gift has to be different from everyone else i dont think so why cant ot be the same i love all my wedding party the same equally what are some of the thoughts about the gifts for your wedding party

16 Comments

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    I prefer when bridesmaid gifts are individual like birthday gifts rather than something generic for all of them.
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I would suggest maybe a personalized stemless wine glass as etsy has many. I think like the pp said you can customize it to their liking. For my MOH and a close friend who would have been a BM I did a starbucks themed proposal box since we all love Starbucks. I think Spa gifts are nice too.

• Vicky
    Super January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with this. Shop for them each as individuals, as though it were their birthday.

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Your friends or family in your wedding party are individual people,and when getting a gift, shop for each one of them separately, as though it is her birthday. To me, it is really insulting to be sent a generic gift ( unless there is a group gift AND a personal one.). Every person has different tastes, different interests. Shop for them. Put some thought into each one.
    BM are not interchangeable , they are individuals. Being fair means gifts that have similar value, not crackerjacks for one and diamonds for another. But not the same item. Would you like it if 35 of your guests gave you an Expresso maker, because that is what they give to every bride for a wedding present? No . You would wonder, why didn't they make some effort to think of something I would like, or need? Even though it is not a bar gift, for someone who wants one. The wife of Hubby's co worker always offers me a brand of beer I like, or cocktail, or a liqueur I like in coffee. Knows I don't drink wine, nor does my husband, so she never puts out wine glasses even when we are over for dinner. Same with a other couple, and she always keeps something on hand they like, too. Good hostess. Others have wine, she know to offer something different. But every year when she does her Christmas shopping, she orders a 3 bottle box of wines, same for everyone on her list. Including the two couples she knows never, ever drink wine. And she says, because it is easier to not worry about who likes what, just get them all at once, all the same, and be done with it. But then, she always says, Have a merry Christmas! To two Jewish couples, and to me ( tribal/ cultural different holiday) even though she knows we each have a different holiday the week before. And never celebrate Christmas. Because, you know, she says have a nice Christmas to everybody. It does not feel so great on the receiving end.

• Elizabeth
    Devoted June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

While I appreciate that gifts are always more well received when they are individualized, there's also the fact that any gift is a nice gift. I would put in effort to individualize them and keep the value even, but also don't let it make you anxious! People get too caught up in the little things these days - they will appreciate a gift, it's the thought that counts. As receivers of gifts and well wishes, we should also all remember that any gift is a gift and we should be grateful! Definitely put in the effort, but don't go crazy over it (or over any part of the wedding planning process, tbh). Good luck!

• Suzanne
    Dedicated July 2020
    Suzanne ·
    • Flag

Of the 7 times I´ve been a bridesmaid, 6 of the times I was gifted earrings and-or shoes to wear in the wedding. I´m older, but that´s what brides used to do 10 years ago. I know times have changed because I was a bridesmaid in a wedding last year and received the personalized gift like everyone here is talking about. For my peeps, I´m planning on gifting earrings (or some other form of jewelry) that they can wear during the wedding.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think it's ok to get bulk gifts if that's your budget but i would try to get things that they can use repeatedly, e.g. i got some compact mirrors for mine and some playful socks and what not

• FutureMrs.C
    Dedicated August 2020
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

Hmm I am going to have to disagree with a large majority of the PP. No one is entitled to certain kinds of gifts. Whatever you get them I am sure they will appreciate you showing them that you appreciate them. I am planning to give my bridesmaids matching jewelry, a picture of all of us at the bridal shower in a cute frame with their names on it, something useful like a tote in their favorite color or with their name on it, and then maybe one additional gift that I will pick out that is personal to each of them. It all depends on your budget. If the budget is tight, I'm sure they'll understand that the gifts might reflect that. I was recently in a wedding where we were given all the same things and I did not think twice about it. I just appreciated that I was being gifted something nice and shown that I was appreciated.

Honestly, I use pretty much all of the things that I have been gifted for being in a bridal party that everyone else received too - I still wear my MOH robe from one wedding, use my makeup bag from another, and pretty much always used this one tote I received from someone else as well.

• Javanna
    Dedicated September 2021
    Javanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you mrs future c i thought its the thought that counts itll come from my heart which is big and each of my bridal party knows how much i love them
  • FutureMrs.C
    Dedicated August 2020
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's perfect then! I'm sure they'll love whatever you get them Smiley smile Don't sweat it too much!

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I got all of my BM's the same gift they loved them and they use them all the time. We are live at the Jersey Shore and all of us either have a beach house or a boat. I got them these bags with their initials monogrammed and a bottle of their favorite wine. My H got all of his guys backpacks and portable chargers. I think it's a know your group kind of thing.

Gifts 1

• Javanna
    Dedicated September 2021
    Javanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes thats what i was gonna do with the flasks monogram then with a special note they all love there special drink so a flask would be perfect and i love cookiez and the cookie box has 10 diffrent wedding themed cookies
  • Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I second this! Chances are your bridesmaids are unique people, and I think you should give them gifts they'll enjoy as opposed to just the same thing for everyone (unless they do all have similar tastes).

I got my MOH a pair of earrings that are her style and am also getting her a crystallized beetle from an artist whose work we admire. I sent her the earrings after she ordered her dress and will give her the beetle at our wedding. Clearly her gift isn't for everyone and not a typical bridesmaids gift, but I think a special personalized gift that really speaks to the person and your connect with them is so much more meaningful.

• M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

I'm getting all of my bridesmaids the same gift. A beautiful robe for when we are getting ready and earrings to match their dresses. I don't think the MOH's gift needs to be different.

• Javanna
    Dedicated September 2021
    Javanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank u ms mrs morgan its coming from the heart may i ask where are you getting the robes from
  • M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I found some really nice ones at David's Bridal. I ordered mine online. They also have some that can be personalized, with their name or initials.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles