K
Beginner October 2021

Gift giving for the wedding

Katie, on September 6, 2021 at 9:57 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Saved
As the bride and groom, my fiance and I had planned to give each of our parents a gift as a thank you for their help with our wedding. I also had a small gift for each of my parents, and picked out something from just me to his parents for welcoming me to the family. Is this expected/etiquette? I was going to have my fiance do the same for my parents but not sure if that is just too much and too confusing at this point honestly 馃槀 and has gotten expensive. But we aren't sure if that is the expectation, to give a gift from just the bride or groom to the future in laws. Any thoughts?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on September 7, 2021 at 2:09 PM
  • B
    Super July 2017
    Becky
    • Flag

I think you would be good with a gift from the two of you to each of them (or each couple, depending). It would get super expensive to do a bunch of individual gifts!

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle
    • Flag
    It鈥檚 more of a Pinterest trend rather than actual etiquette. Most couples give parents a photo album after the wedding when pictures are printed.
  • K
    Beginner October 2021
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ahh that makes a lot of sense! Love the photo album idea!
  • K
    Beginner October 2021
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, that's exactly what we were running into!! Too expensive and somewhat confusing!
  • S
    Expert September 2022
    Sarah
    • Flag

I think it's a lot of money and just very confusing. I think it's sufficient to just do a gift for each set of parents from the both of you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics