Brittnee
Beginner October 2020

Gift exchange

Brittnee, on September 22, 2020 at 9:50 PM Posted in Planning 1 14
Saved
My FH and I just discussed exchanging gifts for our wedding in 10-10-2020. What are some ideas for what I can give him? Also, ideas I can give him for something for me?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kia, on September 26, 2020 at 1:44 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    A handwritten note to each other would be a super sweet thing to include (either on its own or accompanied by a gift). Other gift ideas could be an engraved wallet, a custom shirt, a bottle opener with a pack of his favorite beer, a gift certificate for a date night (maybe to a nice restaurant, or a movie, or an amusement park, or a touristy activity in your town that you've never done, etc), or something that aligns with his interests. I suggest doing something practical that he can use frequently. Check on Etsy for personalized gifts, there are some really cute ideas out there!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I went with something Amusing and just got him socks that said in case you get cold feet
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag
    I made him a picture scrapbook with some of our memories! I love a heartfelt gift versus expensive. Also wrote a card
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    Socks, gift cards, something customized
  • Jai
    Rockstar May 2020
    Jai ·
    • Flag
    I got my husband these stones from amazon that say I love you In 5 different languages; english, spanish, chinese etc. He loved it. Etsy has great personalized things.
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I asked mine what he wanted and that’s what I got him. I think that’s the best route so you know they will enjoy their gift. Or you can get him something you already know that he wants.
  • K
    Expert October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I bought the NoteCube and customized the notes that go into for him. Him and I are sappy with one another and we like keepsakes. I have no clue what he is getting me but I am sure it will be very special and from the heart.

We will also be handwriting letter to each other to read that morning.
  • Y
    Dedicated January 2021
    Yvonne ·
    • Flag

Something nice that he might use everyday, like a pair of Raybans (maybe?) or a watch.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

We were stuck on this also. We both got each other cards and will be exchanging them on the day of. Then we talked about getting a new washer. So maybe something like for your house?

• Sarah
    Savvy October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Date twins! I got him a new watch and will attach a tag saying something along the lines of “see you at the alter at 1”. There are so many cute gift ideas on this thread! Congratulations! 🍾
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

I'm getting him cologne and he's getting me perfume. That way it's something we can use for a while after the wedding day, but still be reminded of it (especially since scents are tied to memories!).

• Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

My husband golfed the morning of our wedding with his groomsmen and few other friends of his so I got him a new set of golf clubs he'd been eyeing and had it set up at the golf course for him when he got there that morning; with a little help from his good who took them there for me.

He got me a new diamond necklace that I wore with my dress the day of our wedding. He had his sister give it to me with a note while we were getting ready.

• Laurie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Laurie ·
    • Flag
    I gave my hubby an engraved wooden watch. It was engraved with "you & me" on the back, in my handwriting. That was also the name of our first dance song.
  • Kia
    Devoted September 2021
    Kia ·
    • Flag
    In my little gift bag I will have a book of boudoir photos, a movado watch and a love note. All his favorite things.
    Get him something he loves like an activity or an object or something

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics