Skip to main content
Mrs. Brendan
Super April 1994

Getting the tease out

Mrs. Brendan, on April 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved

So I had my makeup and hair trial this weekend and the gal did a great job adding natural looking volume to my normally flat hair. When it came time to wash my updo out, I realized I had no idea how to carefully get all the teasing out of my poor hair. Any suggestions or ideas on the correct way to un-tease your hair? Haha I ended up conditioning it like crazy and slowly working through my hair with my fingers while in the shower which was time consuming. On a side note, this was my first time with fake lashes and MAN are they fun! Haha I asked for the beginner friendly set - haha.

9 Comments

Latest activity by french horse, on April 10, 2017 at 9:43 AM
  • Aqualeo
    Devoted June 2017
    Aqualeo ·
    • Flag

Try brushing it out before you try to wash it

• Samantha
    Devoted June 2017
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

You look fantastic! Absolutely love your hair and makeup! Extra conditioning is how I managed to get all the teasing out too...I used conditioner to detangle, shampoo, then more conditioner. I'm not sure if there is an easier way though

• Gracelyn
    Super November 2023
    Gracelyn ·
    • Flag

Before showering, use oil or leave-in conditioner (spray or cream) and work out any tangles with a wide-tooth comb.

You can also try detangling in the shower with conditioner and wide-tooth comb.

Oh and your hair and makeup look amazing!!

• Sarah
    Super September 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

You look gorgeous!! I had the same problem with my hair tho

• Aylenrose
    VIP January 2018
    Aylenrose ·
    • Flag

You are so pretty and the make up is just amazing I love your hair to!

• Mrs. Brendan
    Super April 1994
    Mrs. Brendan ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone for the compliments and words of advice!!

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

You're beautiful! I use a detangling spray (I buy just a cheap kids' spray, it works just as well as the expensive ones for me) before I wet my hair, once my hair is wet any knots just lock themselves in place. Spray and use a very gentle brush or wide tooth comb to work from the bottom of your hair up. Have you tried a Wet Brush Pro? I have very fine, tangly hair and this is the best detangling brush I've ever owned.

• BlushingBride
    VIP October 2017
    BlushingBride ·
    • Flag

You look beautiful!

• french horse
    Master October 2017
    french horse ·
    • Flag

Wide tooth comb, fingers, and patience. Normal teasing doesn't take very long to undo but for a formal updo, there will be a lot, so it'll just take some time. I use my fingers to get started and get the worst of it out - just separating the pieces and breaking up the hold of the hairspray. Then comb through bit by bit. And anything that I can't get out, I'll just let conditioner sit on it a bit longer in the shower and it'll slide right out afterwards.

I love big hair and tease my hair a lot, so I've had lots of time to learn!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics