We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Miss2Mrs2020
Dedicated October 2020

Getting Ready -wear Again?

Miss2Mrs2020, on September 25, 2020 at 7:34 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 21
Saved Save
Ladies, my big day is in 2 weeks and I don’t have a gettin ready outfit!

What did you all wear? And how practical was it so that you could wear it after the wedding?
I don’t want to get something that I’ll only wear once...maybe something different than the typical robe?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Kell, on September 30, 2020 at 4:02 AM
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    You could get a button-down nightgown shirt, or just a cute pair of PJs, as long as the top buttons down. If you want something fancier, you could get a wrap dress (as long as it is a true rap and does not need to be pulled over your head).
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I just wore a dress I can pull down. Whatever you wear, wear something that you can pull off or something that buttons because you don’t want to be pulling it off your head it may mess up your hair
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I wore a “Mrs.” t-shirt and leggings. It’s not something that I would wear in public again, but I wear it around the house.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter and her bridal party wore black leggings and flannel button downs she bought for them all. They were comfortable and practical, and they've all worn their shirts many times since.

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I wore a dress I already owned. It has a pretty open neckline and it's stretchy in the middle so I was able to take it off easily without pulling it over my head. I was almost going to describe it as a beach dress; it's more of a dress than a beach cover-up. Like, I can wear it places that are not the beach, but it's easy enough to take off that I might wear it to the beach, if that makes any sense.
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    Because I hate to break my own traditions, I’ll do my hair and makeup in a wrapped towel. It’s how I get ready everyday and why change it on my special day 😀
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    I ironed my new last name initial into a button down I already owned. It wasn’t white or my wedding colors. My bridesmaids wore clothes they already owned. I wouldn’t stress over it.
  • Riley
    Expert September 2020
    Riley ·
    • Flag

I just wore some yoga pants and one of my husbands button up shirts.

• Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

I wore clothes I already own and so did my bridal party. I wore a shirt with stretchy fabric and a wide neckline so I could easily take it off without messing up my hair and shorts because my wedding was in July. Button downs and my bust don't get along.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I’m planning on wearing a button up shirt & yoga pants. Going for comfort!
  • H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna Online ·
    • Flag
    I wore a silk pajama set that matched the ones I got for my bridesmaids. I literally wear it all the time! It has become a pajama staple for me
  • Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I had button down pajama shirts for my girls and I. Only cost 8 dollars at target.Getting Ready -wear Again? 1

• Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Getting Ready -wear Again? 2
    Here’s another of of the front of the dresses. I had my maid of honor iron on the words.
  • Kia
    Dedicated September 2021
    Kia ·
    • Flag
    Indiana bride here- I originally wanted everyone to do long plaid shirts with knee high socks (I found women's shirts in the plus size section of Maurices). I kind of wanted it to look like we were wearing an old boyfriends long button up, plus we all would wear it again. But then i decided to just go ahead and get robes for everyone to make it look more feminine since the overall theme is romantic and soft. Good thing switched because honestly was $80+ cheaper 🤮 I can’t believe I spent that much on tops originally. The robes were like $14
  • Shannon
    Savvy February 2020
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    I wore a white Calvin Klein romper suit. It was great because it was easy to get in and out of. It was great for photos too and I didn't care too much about getting dirty while I was getting my makeup done and stuff since my photographer took pics while I was sitting down getting my hair done and afterwards when I was putting on the wedding dress. Getting Ready -wear Again? 3

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I wore a “Bride” PJ set. Super comfy but still cute for photos. My mom bought them for me and I believe they came from Macy’s.
  • Miss2Mrs2020
    Dedicated October 2020
    Miss2Mrs2020 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks ladies!!!

Hmmm...now you all have me thinking -super comfy, what if I get a zip down hoodie with my new initials? 🤷🏾‍♀️
    A tank under which is super easy to slide out of...and some leggings...
  • Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

One of my sister's-in-law got me a Bride robe from Victoria's Secret and I wore a cami, no bra and a pair of sleep shorts while getting ready. My goal was to stay as comfy as possible before my dress went on! lol

A couple my bridesmaids wore leggings, but most of them also wore sleep shorts and a comfy shirt while getting ready. We were all about being cozy

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Getting robes is kind of a new fad, and whether bride or in the wedding party, I hate them. Mostly because everyone posts pics. And I don't like pics of me half dressed out on the web, cute or not. I wore a button down shirt with 3/4 sleeves, and dark leggings. In bridal parties, if brides want some cohesive look, I prefer when people bring their own things. Some ask for all in stripe shirts, or Hawaiian Prints, or shades of a color, and dark pants. Long summer sundresses, or loose peasant blouses and skirts, anything you do not put over your face and hair. Some depends if you will be dressing in a home, or going hotel room to salon. What is comfy round your house can be unsuitable in hotel halls and lobbies. I ignored the bride, as did 3 of 4 others, the last wedding I was in. We were on a formal, expensive Inn. And she surprised us all with babydoll pajamas, shorty tops and panties, with us on 2 floors, and some business / company retreat on those floors too. Like we were 7 year olds at a sleepover. 4 30-39 year old women, no.
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Hi! I felt exactly the same way as you, I wanted something myself and my bridesmaids could wear again... and my biggest concern was making sure it was something we could wear in public if we need to make a coffee run or run into a store for something. What I decided on was jogger sweatpants with a slightly cropped zip up hoodie to match. Bridesmaids are wearing matching blush and I am wearing white. I thought it was something super comfy and something they could wear out and about. Not to mention, I hate silk robes because they never stay closed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles