Amina
Dedicated January 2020

Getting ready outfits

Amina, on December 12, 2019 at 7:51 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 23
Saved
What’s everyone having their girls wear the morning of?? I can’t find any good ideas, please help!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on December 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    It depends on you but the only thing I know is that it just needs to be something that they cannot pull over their head to ruin their hair or makeup. You don't like the idea of bridal robe store athletic wear like sweatpants and a hoodie that says bride or bridesmaid on it?
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    We did robes. I found them on eBay for 100$ for 6 of them with names.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter bought her BMs really nice plaid flannel shirts in the wedding color and everyone wore their own black leggings. Her wedding was in January, so they were cozy and super comfortable. The pictures were super cute.

• VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I’m going to get us all matching PJ pants and tShirts that have the date and their initials on the front pocket
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

This is what I chose, got them off EtsyRobes
    Getting ready outfits 1

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I bought robes from Etsy.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Everyone just wore whatever they were comfortable in. I had considered doing matching flannels, but it was one of those things that wasn’t a priority for me and just never happened. No regrets.
  • P
    Savvy December 2020
    Patty ·
    • Flag
    One time, the bride had got us robes but did not take into consideration everyone’s size. My robe was too small, and I had to wear my own clothes (no big deal) but it was uncomfortable taking pictures being the only chubby girl not fitting in her robe. Just saying lol
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We are considering options between robes or pj set's. Either option will be monogrammed with the first letter of their first name so they can be worn again. It's a fun process actually, lots of options and my girls are open to whatever so that helps tremendously.

• Emily
    Super April 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I want to do matching sweatpants and tshirts we can just cut off. My girls won’t wear robes or matching pj sets after the fact but they will wear sweatpants! I was thinking of personalizing them with my cricut with their names on them or something. Tshirts j was just going to buy a pack of them from TJ Maxx or Target.
  • Alexis
    Dedicated April 2021
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    Robes and slippers
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    I got PJ tops & leggings for everyone to wear. I got a set for my mom & FMIL as well. 😊
  • Jade
    Expert November 2021
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    I’m buying monogrammed flannels and then moccasin slippers for everyone! Check Etsy, they have really great ideas for pretty good prices.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Everyone just wore what they were comfortable in. We had hsir/make-up done at the salon instead of on-site. It was just easier. The getting-ready photos at the venue still looked cute with everyone wearing different things.
  • Amina
    Dedicated January 2020
    Amina ·
    • Flag
    Getting ready outfits 2
    Getting ready outfits 3

Finally decided!! Found these tank tops and will be bedazzling the first letter of their name to go on the top left hand side of their shirts. I’ll ask them to wear their own black leggings and will also have bedazzled flip-flops!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is so cute!! I love the idea of personalizing the tank tops!

• Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

We got these robes (green ones) off etsy. They are cotton and not the shiny material that mine was. They were also lined and came with the option of extra length.Getting readyGetting ready outfits 4

• Alyssa
    Dedicated June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

We bought these tanks for my cousin's Bachelorette party and wore them to get ready also! Getting ready outfits 5

• Chelsea
    Just Said Yes November 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    I did button up plaid shirts for my girls Smiley smile
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Robes - from Marshalls. Nice cotton/jersey ones. I was specifically avoiding the silky ones as they are less likely to be reused: I've donated every one I've ever received as a bridesmaid because they were the silky fabric. Also, try to avoid having "Bridesmaid" stitched onto them! Then they absolutely won't be reused!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics