We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Christin
Super May 2012

Getting married in a back yard with a tent?

Christin, on May 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 28

I have no clue on how to decorate a tent but I have seen beautiful picture and it is looking as if a tent is more in our tight budget than renting a building. Any ideas on decorating, we are getting married right after Valentines so we are using a lot of red and pops of black, we are trying to have...

I have no clue on how to decorate a tent but I have seen beautiful picture and it is looking as if a tent is more in our tight budget than renting a building. Any ideas on decorating, we are getting married right after Valentines so we are using a lot of red and pops of black, we are trying to have an elegant but fun feel to it Smiley smile.

28 Comments

• Sara
    Super February 2012
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I think the middle one is the only tent lol its from deathly hallows

• Mom N
    September 2010
    Mom N ·
    • Flag

Http://www.eventective.com/USA/North+Carolina/Wilmington/Wedding-Receptions.html

Have you tried out this site. It has listing in Your town.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2011
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I looked into renting a tent to have our wedding in my mom's back yard. It was more expensive than a venue. In general, you don't have a tent to save money- you have a tent because you want to have a tent. When you start adding in decorations, the price climbs very quickly!

• Douglas Watson
    December 2020
    Douglas Watson ·
    • Flag

If you are having a tented reception because you are working on a budget...it may not save you a whole lot of money. As renting the tent itself will be costly and if you want it to look nice, it will only get costlier. You may be better off finding a venue that is already built to your liking and work with your budget.

However, you may be able to pull off the tent wedding if you have a daytime wedding and forgo all the lighting. You would need to rent the tent and then perhaps have either the lanterns hanging or the sashes running across from the center. Then just add floral details to dress up the place with a pop of color.

Good luck and happy planning!

Tricia

http://www.bellomarc.com/

• Andrea
    Savvy October 2011
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

They look so preety, great now I want to change my plans again!!! FH will Kill me!

• Miller
    Expert May 2011
    Miller ·
    • Flag

All the pics are very pretty and I think you can choose one of it . Then you can decorate the tent according to one of pics. Of course,you can add something different to the tent.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇