We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

C
Just Said Yes August 2021

Getting married in 2021

Courtney, on September 28, 2020 at 11:39 AM Posted in California Planning 0 7
Saved Save
Hi there fellow brides!

I know many of you have had to postpone to 2021. I’m curious when everyone is getting married and if anyone has back up plans in case covid is just as bad. My wedding is scheduled for 8/21/21. I pray 2021 will be the year for all of us brides!!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Laquita, on October 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM
  • Molly
    Rockstar September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I stuck with my original date of 9/5/2020!

• Y
    Dedicated January 2021
    Yvonne ·
    • Flag

Hello! I am sticking with my original date (Jan 16) and am limiting the guest count (180 --> 30ish) and using livestream for the ~150 and more. In addition, we are having it outdoors in my church instead of in an event space at the Sheraton hotel in our city (plan A).

• Theadra
    Devoted June 2021
    Theadra ·
    • Flag

Went from June 28 2020 to now June 27 2020. Very hopeful for the future

• Tee
    Dedicated October 2021
    Tee ·
    • Flag
    We’re scheduled for 10/10/21. Hopeful for the future but yes we have a back up plan of a) renting an air b n b for immediate family, bridal party, and us, b) getting married at my grandfather’s small family church followed by a small dinner. We will offer a livestream option either way.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Courtney! A lot of couples have postponed for 2021, or are getting married in an intimate ceremony this year and postponing the big wedding party for next year!

Here's another bride you can connect with who just moved her December 2020 wedding date to next year as well: August 2021 Brides.

• Nicole
    Dedicated September 2021
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Hi! We were scheduled for 9/19/2020 and we moved it to 9/25/2021. Very hopeful that in about a year we’ll be able to have the gathering we hoped for sans masks. 🤞
  • Laquita
    Devoted July 2021
    Laquita ·
    • Flag

Hi! We're booked for July 25, 2021 and while we are praying we get to hold our wedding as we're planning, we have already started our backup plan. We decided to still get married on our day, but just go to the justice of the peace and postpone our ceremony to a later date. We also said we'd push our honeymoon back and do something more local if things got that bad again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles