Okay, so this is the thing:
1) I went into David’s Bridal with 3 of my 4 Bridesmaids.
2) I went into the store saying -I want the gowns to be long. -I want them to be Sangria. -I want them to Not be strapless.
3) My MOH had a surgery she elected to do shortly before the appointment, set for 2+ months, so as she was unable to fly out, from MI to VA, for the appointment.
4) I have tried to be extremely easy going on what I expect the girls to do. Aside from MOH, who claimed at the time of my asking her to want/be able to do decor DIY, bridal shower/parties.... I basically expected the other girls to show up for the dress fitting, have lunch after and hang out to have a fun day/evening.
5) I walked out of David’s Bridal with ALL the 3 bridesmaids Happy! They are all in Long, Wine, Strapless( see #2!) and they looked good. And are able to rewear the gowns, as they are “Special Occasion” & not bridesmaid.
6) I paired 2 colours with the Wine. Quartz( a dusty lilac purple) and Chianti( a lighter, slightly pinker/dusty than the wine) for my MOH. Or Wine also.
Now here is the issue:
1) I have changed what *I* want 3x, and only one time for FH- whom I feel is the ONLY person I Should change it for! Then his mother was “offended” at a colour choice so away it went, then the girls all got wine- 3x changed.
2) MOH has informed me she HATES the two colour choices. And refuses to wear them.
3) MOH has said the fact she’d be in Wine and sleeved is NOT enough to “set her apart from the other girls. As SHE is MOH”- yet she has done NOTHING to help, or what you’d think of as MOH things..
4) She suggested she wear a champagne( hello that is the colour of MY gown!) or ivory gown!!!!
5) When informed her that she was NOT wearing a champagne or ivory( so she could dye it later) she said Navy or Dark Green. I went back to #1 & said “NO! I have changed the colours and I refuse to totally deviate from what *I* want! If that makes me a Bridezilla so be it!!” And “Dark green and wine is perfect for Christmas! Our wedding is September( of 2020) and that won’t work. I dislike navy blue, or it would’ve been on the colour palette to begin with( and shut FH mother up!) and not the plum( looks terrible with the Wine) and the samgria( looked terrible on the girls!)”...
6) She had complained about the Plum and the Sangria, that was the second colour choice after FH disliked the lilac and the peach.
Given all the negativity MOH has been doing for some time- ya’ll know my previous posts- I am sooooooo tired and done, and want to tell her to come as a guest- if at all.
FH says keep her. My Best friend( who would’ve been MOH- but lives in WA & asked me to have someone closer-and current MOH WAS- Before she married and moved!- be MOH) says let her go, as does my mom, and a couple friends who I’ve spoken with recently.
My health has taken an unexpected turn and I’m undegping more tests to see why, family( FSD) drama has amped up closer it gets to Wedding, school, etc- and FH has sooo much work stress that just getting him to give me a guest list is pulling teeth, let alone having him help plan anything.....
I’m at a loss as to what to do. Especially where she’s concerned- I can’t handle the negativity and drama from her too.
I’m feeling like I’m being “Bridezilla” for telling her that she can wear one of the 3 colours I’ve picked- Wine, Chianti or Quartz.
Please help me figure this mess out!