A
Super September 2019

Frustrated

Anna, on May 28, 2019 at 3:04 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
So I just need to vent, I had a full on break down in front of my stepmom with everything.

Long story short my officiant hasn’t been getting back to me on when we can sit down to discuss the details, he’s a family friend that professionally does weddings on the side. He posts all the time on Facebook but can’t be bothered to text me back. Stepmom makes excuse of well that’s how he is you should just call him and ask (I’ve been texting him so I have documented conversations).

Then she talks about guest book and starts giving options of what to do with it and maybe have people put pictures from the photo booth in it. Okay that’s good idea, I honestly didn’t think of it. She then brings up about having a table to put pictures of those who passed away like a memorial table. The last wedding I was at did this and had all the pictures I would have, so I said I didn’t want to repeat what she did and wanted to put something in the wedding program. She then snaps at me saying why do you need a program your wedding is so simple. I wanted the program mainly for that and to list the names of parents and wedding party...

then the shower comes up and that my fiance can’t come at the end. I said he couldn’t get off of work and she’s like “well it’s really not a big deal that’s the least of your worries” ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!???

the TWO THINGS that I REALLY WANTED were the programs to list in memory of and my fiancé being there to show support. I completely am in tears. I know it’s not a huge deal but they were important to me. Don’t I matter?

no negative comments please, I just needed to vent

5 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

Some people don't text. It's probably not the best way to reach out to a vendor. Call him.

Have programs. It's your wedding, not hers.

This is unfortunate, but things happen. Having your FH make an appearance at the end of the shower is a sweet touch, but not a necessity. You're allowed to be sad about it, but you need to feel your feelings and let them go. Dwelling on something so small isn't healthy.

• A
    Super September 2019
    Anna ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It may be “small” to you but my opinion matters and it’s my day and it matters!!!

wedding wire if you’re reading this please take down my original post. I don’t need these negative comments being posted.
  • LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Agree with this. In the grand scheme of things none of these issues really affect the wedding. Have your programs and enjoy your shower and tell your FH all about it that night.
    For your own sanity I'd let these little things go so you can go back to enjoying the process. Your only driving yourself crazy by focusing on these things.
  • LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    View Quoted Comment
    In no way was she negative.
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It sounds like you’re really upset and needed to vent without really wanting input/feedback from the community. We get you want support, but the PPs were offering advice because that’s typically what you’re going to find in these forums. I find writing helps me let go of things, and if it helps you I’d suggest maybe buying a journal to write in. The PP was not trying to say your feelings are insignificant and was not being negative, you are entitled to feel the way you feel, but it’s also important to let go out negative feelings for your own mental health.

Comment on this discussion