Fmv
Super October 2020

Friend Hijacked Photographer

Fmv, on October 6, 2019 at 2:50 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 15
Saved
Saw this article online. A new Bride and her husband were going through their wedding photos and realized there was many many photos of her good friend who was her bridesmaid and her family!! She stole the photographer and her family photos taken.
What would you do? How would you feel?
The bride said they payed for a 300 photo package and alot of the photos were of the bridesmaid and her family.
People are so gutsy! I would ask the bridesmaid to pay me for her photos!
The article is below

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7541921/Bride-discovers-bridesmaid-hijacked-wedding-photographer-photos.html

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on October 12, 2019 at 8:15 PM
  • Allaura
    Devoted April 2021
    Allaura
    • Flag
    100% would ask that bridesmaid to pay for her pics lol 馃槀 who even does that?! Lol
  • Nicole
    Dedicated October 2019
    Nicole
    • Flag

Honestly, shame on the photographer! They should know better.

• M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba
    • Flag
    I wouldn鈥檛 pay for those.

If that Bridesmaid wanted them, she鈥檒l have to pay for them.
  • karen
    Master October 2017
    karen
    • Flag

I would never sign a contract with a photographer who would not agree on a picture list ahead of time. Some think only their judgement counts, and they are the level of photographers who sell coffee table books. They aren't.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    I'd blame the photographer though toobecause they should have known better also !
  • C
    Super December 2021
    Casey
    • Flag
    I'd be super mad at the photographer who should know better. I'd demand a discount from the photographer but wouldn't demand the bridesmaid pay anything because I'd simply never release any of those photos. I wouldn't want to deal with the drama and confrontation.
    If it were a few pictures that would be fine and expected but enough to be sure she hijacked the photographer? I'd get petty and upload only group photos of her (with the rest of the wedding party, etc.) and not release a single photo of just her/her and her family.
  • Fmv
    Super October 2020
    Fmv
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A selfish person! Lol
  • Fmv
    Super October 2020
    Fmv
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would definitely demand a discount from the photographer especially since they only had a small wedding photo package. Honestly dont know why the photographer would think that was okay.
    I also think its soo gutsy for the bridesmaid to be texting the bride asking if she got her photos back yet knowing dang well that some of those photos are of her and her family like UGH!
    Same, i wouldnt release the photos to the bridesmaid. If she ever brought it up i would tell her there were no photos of her.
  • Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Fact. I would definitely mention something to the friend.
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan
    • Flag
    My photographer and I have a list, and she would consult me before taking family photos of someone.
  • C
    Super December 2021
    Casey
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly!! It was unprofessional and unacceptable! I can't believe the BM texted that!! I would totally lie too 馃ぃ
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz
    • Flag

That's awful on the photographer's part! You'd think they would be more professional

• Jeanie
    Super February 2020
    Jeanie
    • Flag
    I am someone who loves having their picture taken, and am always grabbing wedding photographers to take pictures with everyone. But I would never monopolize someone鈥檚 wedding photographer for a family photo session. One or two is fine, as it is hard to get family together and especially dressed up nicely. But to have a whole photo shoot is unacceptable. I would have to ask for some of my money back, as I did not pay for a family portrait photographer.
  • Jennifer
    Expert October 2019
    Jennifer
    • Flag

I honestly didn't hire a particular photographer who's a friend, because she shot another friend's wedding, and the portraits were lackluster, while all the candid photos were of their mutual friends, and hardly any of the families. That's just not what I want, and rather than try to have that conversation with them, I just went with a neutral photographer who's not going to have a personal relationship with anyone there.

• Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari Online
    • Flag

I wish I was more surprised, but I've heard many horror stories about wedding photographers. I'm a photographer (I don't shoot weddings though) and because of my photo background I get to hear the stories all the time, plus I've also researched 20+ photographers for my own wedding and am very familiar with how wedding photography packages and photographers typically work. It says in the article this was a budget wedding and I have no doubt they hired a budget photographer that clearly wasn't very professional. No reputable wedding photographer I know of sells packages based on number of shots, and no reputable wedding photographer would allow a bridesmaid to hijack that many photos. I totally get that budgets vary greatly for weddings (we are spending 2-2.5x what we originally wanted to spend, just because we really didn't understand how expensive weddings were), but skimp on invitations, decorations, flowers, favors, etc before you skimp on the photographer.

But hey this is better than the last wedding I went to, where the photographer the couple had hired was blackout drunk and couldn't even walk up stairs. The groom had to steal her camera and delete all of the bridesmaids "getting ready" photos because the photographer had taken a lot of photos while the girls were naked. He ended up handing me the photographer's camera (which he essentially stole as collateral because he'd already paid $2,500 to the photographer for photos) and I photographed most of the reception. I was a last minute guest to the wedding, so that ended up being my wedding present to the couple.

I also have friends that waited more than six months for their photos and another couple that got married a year and a half ago still haven't received their album. If your budget can afford it, please hire a reputable, established, well reviewed wedding photographer for your big day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics