Jaime
Savvy May 2021

Freaking out

Jaime, on March 15, 2020 at 1:30 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved
I’m freaking out my wedding is a week from today and with the corona virus many of my guests are canceling my honeymoons been canceled I’m just waiting to see if the venues going to cancel anyone else freaking out about this

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jaime, on March 16, 2020 at 1:57 PM
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    You're not alone- every other thread is a bride coming to terms with the reality of our situation. Which is fair - a week ago no one had any idea this could be a thing! We went from full steam ahead on April 4th to postponing til August in like, a day. We have immediate family in quarantine, and Dallas is on lockdown more or less. The best advice we all have is to talk to your vendors and come up with a plan b. I'm so sorry you're going through this - a lot of brides are facing postponing or losing money when the venues cancel. It's a tough position to be in. Good luck! The important thing I've learned is actually having the wedding. None of the etiquette matters as much anymore.
  • Andy
    Beginner July 2021
    Andy ·
    • Flag

Yes, are you getting married on 3/21/20. I am feeling so guilty about not postpoining. I feel like I may be putting people in risk, and being selfish by not doing my part to help curb the coronavirus.

• Jaime
    Savvy May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know in this case there’s nothing we can do and I have people canceling because it’s to risky for them
  • Jaime
    Savvy May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    True I’m gonna message the venue Monday morning and ask them cause they got us on a limb we cancel we lose all money invested😰
  • Anna
    Super April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think the same way as you. I have a sister with bad lungs and my ffil suffers with lung and hear issues. His cousin is flying in from chicago. She will be going from chicago, to texas, to lax. I told my fh i don't feel comfortable with her stopping in so many places and coming here to give it to our family. I don't worry about us, but about them. It is a lot to think about.

• Nikki
    Expert March 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    We are not cancelling just reducing the size of the list to 50 people! This is heartbreaking as we have put so much money and time into this. We are getting married this weekend! As if I didn’t have anything else to freak out about. Honeymoon has been postponed! 😭😭😭
  • Jaime
    Savvy May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Understandable I just don’t feel like I enjoy it at this time so I’m planning to postpone but I have to wait to confirm with venue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics