Paige
Dedicated August 2020

Formal names on invites

Paige, on November 2, 2019 at 10:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save
We are ordering save the dates and I am trying to decide if I should put my fiancé’s full name, Michael, or the name he goes by, mike. No one calls him Michael, but I thought it was supposed to be the full names. Should I put mike on the save the dates and Michael on the invitations to be more formal? He would prefer mike be on it but I didn’t know what was standard practice

6 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

It's his name, so if he prefers not to use his full name, I wouldn't.

• Lily
    Dedicated December 2019
    Lily ·
    • Flag
    We put informal names on the save the dates, and then went with full names on the invitations. I go by a nickname, so I really liked the informality of the save the dates while still being traditionally formal on the invitations.
  • Jeanie
    Rockstar February 2020
    Jeanie ·
    • Flag
    Save the dates are usually informal. So go with Mike. Save Michael for the invitations.
  • Jaimie
    Devoted May 2020
    Jaimie ·
    • Flag
    For our invitations we used informal. My name is jaimie but every one knows me as jai. I used jai and he used his full name Michael. But it is a personal preference.
  • A
    Devoted May 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

I did Alex for myself on the Save The Dates, but do plan to use Alexandra for the formal invitations. I do not use my full name either, but since I will be using both of our middles names too, it make since. Alexandra B**** H********* makes more sense than Alex B**** H*********.

• J
    Super April 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We did my nickname on the save the dates and are doing full names in the invitations!

Comment on this discussion