Nicole
Dedicated April 2020

Flowers

Nicole, on August 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 15
Saved Save

I know flowers play a HUGE part in everything and is kinda of the glue in it all, however. I am torn between 2 different bouquets with similar colors (one darker and one lighter) but the price for a florist is just as much as my photographer! I am meeting 2 different florists next week and I am DEF not looking to spend so much money on flowers that I could probably do myself...(aside from my bouquet and the bridesmaids, tying all that together would drive me nuts), but center pieces and accents, I want to do them myself. after picking your flowers/colors its just like putting them in a vase right?! Am i missing something here?

15 Comments

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We had a florist do: a large cascading bride bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 corsages, 12 boutonnieres, flower girl petals, and 2 arch arrangements....for $875. For our centerpieces, we had a friend cut us some wood rounds, and we put whisky or wine bottles on top (as the vases), a little lantern w/ fake candle inside, and an upside down wine glass w/ fake candle on top and babies breath inside the bottom. It was fairly inexpensive. We had our florist provide us bulk flowers, for $150, of what she used in the other arrangements, so all we had to do was stick them in the bottles.

• Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's what I want my florist to do, just all the MAIN flowers and what not, so did you do the center pieces yourself during set up?

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We decorated our venue the night before, before we did our rehearsal. Perks of having the venue for the entire weekend. Although I did a lot of the decorating myself...because of my OCD, I did let my gracious grandmother & aunt (who volunteered) to fill the bottles with the flowers. I picked up the bulk of them that day, from the florist...on my way to decorate the venue. And the florist delivered the other flowers (bouquets, etc.) on the actual wedding day.

• Yobana
    Dedicated October 2019
    Yobana ·
    • Flag

I actually just plan on having my florist do the gazebo and sweetheart table arrangement, after so many youtube videos I am confident I can do my centerpieces. good thing my inspo is greenery and white. so it wont be to hard lol

• Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I like simplicity too!! we have i think 13 or 14 tables. still debating on our center pieces but i am sure we will get there. just the price was insane to do it all ya kno?

• Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yessss to the weekend venue! that gives you plenty of time!

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Our florist is quoting us $600 for my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 9 boutonnieres, 3 wrist corsages and cake flowers.

We're opting for flowerless centerpieces that that venue can easily set up for us the morning of the wedding.

Flowers 1

Flowers 2

Flowers 3

• Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is beautiful! and who is your florist?

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you. Smiley laugh We went with Fantastic Flowers in Maryland.

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag

You'd be surprised. i did everything myself including boutonnieres and corsages and bouquets. I'd give it a try. I didn't want to pay a Florist. Between my flowers for parents and wedding party, centerpieces and arch I may have spent $300 max and that included all the stems and glue and tape and ribbon to go along!

Flowers 4

Flowers 5

Flowers 6

Flowers 7

Flowers 8

• Nicole
    Dedicated April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Alright girll!!! You did a fabulous job by the way! I think you just inspired me to give it a shot!

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Honestly I had so much fun doing it and I found it very cathartic

• R
    Devoted October 2019
    Roxana ·
    • Flag

We will be DIYing all of our flowers.

BUT, my ceremony flowers/centerpieces will be super simple (we're using wine bottles as bud vases).

I really just can't justify spending the money on a florist when I know that what I'm asking for is relatively easy to do and I happen to enjoy doing it. Lowest florist quote I was able to find was $650. I will buying all flowers and supplies for under $250 from a wholesale place.

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

This was one of the main reasons we went with an all inclusive venue. We didn't have to worry about decorations or setting up or any of that sort of thing. It was so much cheaper in the end than having to buy and hire all that stuff on it's own.

I recommend just practicing at home. Go to the store when it's not a flower giving holiday and just take apart what you get and play around with it to get comfortable or buy some fake flowers and play with it.

• A
    Beginner March 2020
    Angela ·
    • Flag

This is my second wedding. I went with a florist in a grocery store the first time. They were amazing! And cost about $300 for my bouquet and my two bridesmaids and the boutineers (how on earth do you spell that?!) for the guys. I did the table flowers myself with friends. Try out grocery stores which have lower prices but still trained florists! Having said this, don't scrimp on the actual bouquets of the bridal party. Have your friends and family fill in the table flowers. Let them help and then let go of the imperfections on your tables. It won't be perfect, but your friends and family will enjoy their creations during the wedding night. Which is important!

Comment on this discussion