Skip to main content
Brooklyn
Just Said Yes November 2019

Flower Suggestions

Brooklyn, on April 23, 2019 at 11:20 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 14
Saved
Where did you get your flowers?

We are not getting help paying for the wedding, so we are trying to keep it as affordable as possible.

I thought about ordering flowers in bulk and putting it together myself instead of a florist. I just don't know where to look or how much of a disaster that would be lol

TIA!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on May 31, 2019 at 10:04 AM
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    Bulk flowers can be great option! My advice for doing diy real flowers is to keep it simple because you’ll have to arrange them the night before.

You could also look at supermarkets with good floral departments that may be able to do arrangements for you at far less than a traditional florist.

Fake flowers are another option! This way you can do all your arrangements pretty far in advance Smiley smile
  • Evelyn
    Devoted December 2020
    Evelyn ·
    • Flag

I ordered mine from Bouqs. Co! And I am a bride on a budget for sure!

They have two two options for their wedding packages, the DIY where you arrange it yourself and the pre-arranged which is arranged for you and then delivered to you 2 days before the event (you just trim the stem and put in water, then they finish blooming!)

From what I read because they're shipped from the farm it is much more low cost.

I read reviews of people doing the DIY with lots of help (bridesmaids and moms) and you need some tools like thorn strippers (is that what they're called?) I figured I probably couldn't make them look as nice but who knows! I got my bouquet, 2 bridesmaids bouquets, flower petals for the aisle, 4 boutonnieres for the groomsman and father of the bride, and two corsages for the two moms. This all came to $299 which from what I've heard is a pretty good deal!

For centerpieces I am doing artificial from a mix of IKEA and Michael's!

Edit: I also should mention they have much bigger packages and include centerpieces as well if you're interested in that!

• Ashley
    VIP December 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I did fake flowers from Amazon for stuff like callalilies and then did filler flowers from like the dollar tree. When you buy in bulk, you get a discount, and even dollar tree flowers look good when packed in tightly enough! All in all cost me under $100 for bouquets, wreath thingy for the gazebo, etc.

Flower Suggestions 1

Flower Suggestions 2

Flower Suggestions 3

Flower Suggestions 4
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Supermarkets are a hidden gem when it comes to florals. If you have the chance, check out your local farmers market as well.

• Farrah
    Devoted September 2019
    Farrah ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from Hobby lobby during their 50% off sale!
  • Merideth
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Merideth ·
    • Flag

I looked on Amazon.com and found all my flowers for my wedding. It was so easy to find what I wanted. It also saved me so much money. All the items that I ordered came within a few days.

• Kristin
    Devoted October 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

My mom was a florist for years so she's doing our flowers for us (sunflowers). LA has this amazing flower market downtown so we're getting bulk flowers from there. It's saving us thousands!

• Hermione
    Expert February 2020
    Hermione ·
    • Flag
    Supermarket, like Kroger, Jewel osco, heb, whole foods, etc... Hell, you can get affordable with a run of the mill florist and tell them your on a budget.

There are cheap, pretty, and easy to work with flowers like roses... This is why they are traditional.

Any flower that is delicate, seasonal, $20 a stem wholesale, etc is going to be expensive. If you go with 12 huge tall centerpieces that have to be set up and taken down by the florist, it will be expensive.

But a couple bouquets and maybe some boutonnieres can be very affordable. The florist isn't expecting you to be a floral expert. They can guide you through it.
  • Angela
    June 2019
    Angela ·
    • Flag

A piece of advice I could give you planning mine, is go with Hydrangeas or that type of flower that has a ton of blooms on one stem. Because there are so many blooms on a stem, they fill up more space and are surprisingly cheaper than roses and lilacs or lilies. They are extremely easy to arrange too! And if you have some extra money you could throw some other flowers in between them for a different arrangement look. I LOVE Hydrangeas though, they are my favorites you might not be a fan but just an idea Smiley smile

• CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    • Flag
    I got all mine on Etsy other then center pieces
  • L
    Devoted June 2019
    LaShonda ·
    • Flag
    I used Amazon n ordered real touch calla lillies
  • Merideth
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Merideth ·
    • Flag
    I got my flowers off of Amazon. It’s so easy to find what you want
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated April 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You did a great job! I love the bouquet
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Brooklyn!! Did you find somewhere to supply your flowers? Smiley flower

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics