We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Melissa
Beginner October 2021

Flower girls - how many is too many?

Melissa, on February 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 21
Saved Save
Hi. Is 4-5 flower princesses too many? How do I choose and not have anyone feel left out? Thanks in advance!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on February 23, 2021 at 2:58 PM
  • Rachel
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Rachel
    • Flag
    That's a lot! It sounds cute and would look adorable but I think of my nieces and the chaos that would occur. 馃槄
  • Allison
    Devoted October 2022
    Allison Online
    • Flag

How old are the girls you are considering? I think 4 to 5 would be too many personally. I would keep it to one or two. Maybe choose who is older and more responsible?

• Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla
    • Flag
    I had three, but they were adults. 4-5 may seem like a lot, but I feel like guests LOVE seeing the little kids walk down the aisle. I wouldn鈥檛 mind it as a guest. Maybe you can have them walk in pairs?
  • Melissa
    Beginner October 2021
    Melissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    At the time of the wedding: 8, 7.5, 5.5, 5.5 and 4
  • Melissa
    Beginner October 2021
    Melissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! 2 sets are sisters and then a single obviously. I just don't know how I'd leave any of them out. They are all adorable and I'm not one of those brides that needs all the attention....lol
  • Allison
    Devoted October 2022
    Allison Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That would be cute, they're all old enough and responsible at that point Smiley smile My FH has 4 nieces and 2 nephews. But right now we aren't inviting his brother, wife and two kids since drama. We were thinking about just having the eldest be ring bearer and flower girl

• Gbees4121
    Savvy October 2021
    Gbees4121
    • Flag
    Do what makes you happy!! I personally love seeing a bunch of little kids run down the aisle together, it's so cute! 馃槀馃グ I've seen weddings with one or two flower girls and they're always so shy and awkwardly coming down the aisle alone with everyone staring. I've also seen it done in groups (nieces from one sibling go together first, then nieces from another sibling go together next, etc.). You could break up the group if you want less chaos, but it's really up to you!
  • Melissa
    Beginner October 2021
    Melissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the positiveencouragement!!! That's what I was thinking, but have never seen so many...lol!!!
  • Melissa
    Beginner October 2021
    Melissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My nephews will be 11 and 12 and as much as they love their Auntie might think Ring bearer is lame so I'm thinking ushers for them. I also have a 16 year old neice that I'll have read a Bible verse.
  • CountryBride
    Super April 2022
    CountryBride
    • Flag

Hi I have 8 kids and here is what I did time of age is at the wedding

14 year old son Groomsmen

13 year old daughter bridesmaid

9 year old son jr groomsmen

8 year old daughter jr bridesmaid

7 year old son ring bear

5 year old son rinig bear

4 year old daughter flower girl

2 year old daughter flower girl

my house is in constant chaos but I love it

• Melissa
    Beginner October 2021
    Melissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can't have any more kids but I always wanted tons!!! How fun!!!
    Thank you!!!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle
    • Flag

I would pick one. 4-5 is alot.

• Courtney
    Devoted September 2022
    Courtney
    • Flag

I didn't get to go, but my daughter was in a wedding where she was one of like, 12 'fairies' that walked down the aisle and threw petals down. The bride was a daycare provider and loved all of the kids they had at their in-home daycare.

I think if you have a ton of guests it works okay, but if it's pretty small and intimate all of those kids would like a little strange. However, I'm all for it honestly. They could damn near create a petal runner for you to walk down.

• M
    Expert June 2021
    Melanie
    • Flag
    I personally love watching the flower girls and ring bearers at weddings so I see nothing wrong with this!
  • Melissa
    Beginner October 2021
    Melissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    5 is a lot (especially in comparison to your total bridal party and also your guest count). But at least they鈥檙e older. However, no one is obligated to be in a wedding. So I鈥檓 not one for finding 鈥渞oles鈥 just because. What will all 5 do?
  • porschea
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    porschea
    • Flag
    I say have as many as you want i have 12 bridesmaids with 3 flower girls bc i have 3 grand daughters and i want them all in my wedding so some people would say thats alot and im not narrowing it down 馃榿
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna
    • Flag

I think it would depend on your relationship to all of these young girls in question. If all 5 of them are your nieces, then it wouldn't be fair to separate and single out some while leaving out the others. If, say, 2 were your daughters and 3 were your nieces, then I'd just go with the 2 daughters. But if all 5 girls have the same relationship to you, then I'd definitely make them all flower girls because picking and choosing is bound to cause hurt feelings

• DabC
    Dedicated January 2021
    DabC
    • Flag

First of all, it's YOUR wedding, you can have as many of anything that your heart desires!! My best friend had 33 total members of her wedding party (back in 2012). I thought that was ridiculous! But guess who still was a supportive friend, handled all of her maid of honor duties and made sure we had a happy bride? Yup ME! As anyone who loves you should, no complaints, no negative comments.

My niece was in a wedding recently (labor day). It looked like there were about 6 or 7 flowergirls (I only saw snippets of the part of the video she was in). It looked fine, it was still cute. The only thing is I actually wished the girls were spread out a little more. It seemed like maybe they were supposed to come out in 2s but then just jumbled up together so I would say work that part out and have them practice. I've definitely seen videos of more than 3 flowergirls coming out. I've never thought "well that's not cute"

On topics like this, whatever you like is tailored to you and yours and none of our opinions matter! Some people who will tell you "that's too many" don't have close family to choose from so they don't even understand where you are coming from lol

For me, I live in NY and though I have 6 nieces, I chose all the ones who live in NY with me who I see all the time, that was 3. My wedding was limited to 50 guests, definitely didn't want to fill it with kids.

• Shalla
    Dedicated September 2021
    Shalla
    • Flag
    It鈥檚 just still up to you and how you feel..I will be having 3 , my daughters which will be 9, 4, & 2 by our wedding I鈥檓 just hoping for no temper tantrums lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics