JJAF
Super October 2019

Flower girl makeup?

JJAF, on February 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 29

Is anyone paying for hair and makeup for their flower girls? In my opinion I think makeup on flower girls looks weird ... maybe because they’re still young
Is anyone paying for hair and makeup for their flower girls? In my opinion I think makeup on flower girls looks weird ... maybe because they’re still young

29 Comments

• GoodMOB
    April 2018
    GoodMOB ·
    • Flag

Wow, I had never thought of this. I'm assuming since our flower girls are ages 3, 5, and 7, that this makeup thing would be out of the question. And if their hair is combed neatly, that's enough for me, and I suspect my daughter, too. I think she's going to give them flowers to put in their hair. Knowing the values of the mother of the flower girls, I think this will be good.

• A
    Dedicated May 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    This is such a good question that I haven’t even thought about. From a photography perspective I suppose it makes as much sense to put some blush and powder on the flower girls as it does on us, especially if you’ve got a pale little girl(I know some of the pictures from when I was little my face glowed because I was(am) so pale). I think it depends on how comfortable the parent and girl are but I don’t see any harm in some blush and maybe some sparkly lip gloss to make her feel like a little princess.
  • Natalie
    Devoted September 2018
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Our flower girls will be 8 and 9, I'm only getting their hair done, no makeup. They're just little girls ❤ I'm sure they will both have lip gloss, but that's it.
  • Arushi
    Just Said Yes November 2037
    Arushi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So, Monique, which products for absolutely no make up or the bare face?

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

Maybe it's just me but any makeup on a child seems jarring.

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree. It looks too beauty pageant-ish compared to letting their natural beauty shine with hair done nicely.

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Also it might subtly gives the message that how they look isn't good enough. I raised a girl, and never suggested to her that how she looks needed augmenting. She naturally gravitated to makeup at around 14 without my influence.

• Arushi
    Just Said Yes November 2037
    Arushi ·
    • Flag

Hair and Makeup- Maybe, I don't know.

• Lindsey
    Just Said Yes October 2022
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag

My niece (age 10) is going to be a jr. bridesmaid, so I am paying to have her hair done (which is half of the price of a regular bridesmaid) and they will include her "makeup" for free. I'm assuming it's just a little blush and eyeshadow to make her feel special.

My flower girl however will not even be 2 years old yet. So no hair and definitely no make up. If anything, we will add a bow or headband.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics