K
Dedicated October 2020

Flower girl basket alternative

Katie, on September 23, 2019 at 1:27 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 13
Saved Save
Ok, so I don’t want my flower girl to throw petals because my groom in in a wheelchair and I don’t want him to roll over flowers. So I am debating between a wreath or a bouquet. My ceremony is in a beautiful church so I want something more romantic and traditional. What are your thoughts ladies? Would it be weird for her to carry a wreath if my bridesmaids are carrying bouquets?

13 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Another thing people do is have them hold some kind of sign !
  • K
    Dedicated October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have seen that but I am not a big sign kind of person. I would like some sort of flower arrangement idea. Thank you for the idea though.
  • K
    Expert November 2019
    Kiley ·
    • Flag

I did not want our flower girls to drop flowers either, so I ordered them a flower tiara and made bell wands for them to hold as they come down the aisle. I figured it would get people's attention from the sound, but not be too extreme and something different.

TiaraFlower girl basket alternative 1

Bell WandFlower girl basket alternative 2

• K
    Dedicated October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A wand is a cute idea minus the bells. We are having a catholic ceremony so I am not sure the bells would go well with the processional music that will be playing. But the wand is a great idea!!
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's weird at all. Have you seen these kissing balls? They became a thing for weddings that can't throw flowers and can be really cute.

• Sharon
    Devoted October 2020
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    Yes, kissing balls or pomanders for flower girls are adorable

Flower girl basket alternative 3
  • Y
    Savvy March 2020
    Yachita ·
    • Flag
    Instead of throwing flowers they could hold a flower ball or you could even put the flowers down the aisle but along the outside.

Flower girl basket alternative 4
  • K
    Dedicated October 2019
    Katherine ·
    • Flag
    What about giving them a flower crown then bubbles to blow as they walk?
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber Online ·
    • Flag

Signs are my favorite, but since you're not a fan I think kissing balls are adorable!

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

A little wreath or kissing ball would be very cute!

• Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

I love kissing balls. We are using flower wands, our flower girls are little - and they will love the wands.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

The church we got married at prohibited flower petals or anything to be thrown on the ground so we had our flower girls carry lanterns.

Flower girl basket alternative 5

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter's FGs had smaller scale versions of the BMs bouquets. They looked very sweet.

Comment on this discussion