Martika
Expert September 2019

Flower Alternatives

Martika, on July 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 84
Saved Save

Is anyone having a flowerless wedding? I can't bring myself to spend that much money on flowers. So I am looking for alternatives to flowers. So I decided for centerpieces, I won't have any flowers. I am looking into what I can do for the bridesmaids instead of bouquets of flowers. Any recommendations will help.

84 Comments

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    Edible centerpieces are pretty cool. Candy or donuts seem to be most popular.
    My friend did a bouquet of buttons her grandmother saved. She glued them to a round styrofoam half circle and had a post for the hands glued to the underside.
    Overall faux flowers bouquets off Etsy or Amazon are cheap as well. There's premade bouquets sometimes at craft stores.
  • Kelsey
    Super September 2020
    Kelsey Online ·

I am doing a flowerless wedding too because of allergy issues. I am doing brooch bouquets for myself and my girls; my aunt is going to make them for me, I just have to buy the supplies

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

I was thinking about doing the faux flowers bouquets. I am looking to see where I can get the best deal.

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

I looked up the brooch bouquets. They are sooo pretty.

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

How about incorporating lanterns? They're great alternatives!

• R
    Savvy April 2020
    Ruby ·
    I’m doing potted plants and candles
  • Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's pretty. Are you having the Bridesmaids walk down with anything?

• Tara
    Dedicated August 2020
    Tara ·

I'm planning on artificial/silk flowers. At first I said that I just wanted me and the bridesmaids to have real bouquets. After looking on etsy and amazon, I discovered that there are sooo many beautiful silk bouquets that you can't even tell are fake and for awesome prices!

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

I do like the lantern idea. Just not sure how I can incorporate them into the wedding. I do want the Bridesmaids to walk down with something in hands.

• R
    Savvy April 2020
    Ruby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I have one bridesmaid so I’m going with bouqs for those flowers $299 for 3 bouquets, boutonnières and petal. Costco also has flowers for the same price.
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry ·

Are you having a theme? What are your wedding colors?

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find any that stand out to me. At least for a reasonable price.

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    View Quoted Comment

How about having greenery "flower" crowns for the BMs?

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wedding colors are, gold, black, white, and champagne. Kinda going for a Gatsby feel. These are the centerpieces that I attempted to make. I don't have a picture of the ones I made. I found this on pinterest. I took wine bottles, spray painted black and gold, with ostrich feathers coming out of them

centerpieceFlower Alternatives 1

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·

We are going flowerless. I bought a bouquet on amazon but we are skipping the traditional flowers elsewhere.

• Mandi
    Rockstar March 2020
    Mandi ·
    We're skipping floral arrangements on the tables and decor.
    I found paper flowers made out of books and comic books. So that's what our bouquets and boutineers will be made of.
  • Erica
    Devoted October 2020
    Erica ·
    I got sola wood bouquets for mine!
  • Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

I think I will buy my bouquet on amazon or somewhere else. Just don't know what I should do for the bridesmaids.

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·

If you look on amazon you will find a ton of options. I only have one "Maid of Bridesmaid" lol and I am getting her a similar bouquet just smaller

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    View Quoted Comment

I'll have to do an intense look on amazon. I am just so scared to buy something online. Also I don't know what sizes I should get.

Comment on this discussion